Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The alarm clock that was

I overslept yesterday and ended up going to work an hour late. It's not like I have set hours, but I should be in before 9 and leave after 7 (at least) every night. I freaked out, but whatever, I got an extra hour of sleep. I've said it here before, I never sleep through my alarm. NEVER. I'll hit snooze a few times and get up, but I'll NEVER sleep through it. That's why today when I opened my eyes and realized it was 1:30PM after going to bed at 11PM last night I realized that something was wrong. I set my alarm to go off in 1 minute and waited. Instead of the BEEP BEEP BEEP I got click click click. Sunday I dropped my clock twice and I guess that did it for the ol sleep ruiner. I got out of work late tonight, so I am going to sleep on my pull out bed in the living room tonight and use my computer as an alarm (downloaded a 20k file that plays an MP3 as an alarm about 5 years ago and have used it on and off ever since). I can't be going into work so fucking late. I did do well on the phones today, but it's just not good to show up at 2 and leave at 8. Just not enough gets accomplished.

I also got my fish home yesterday. Almost forgot to mention that.

digital mirror 016
There's Mao and Frank's new home by the door.

digital mirror 014
And there is the 10 gal tank sitting by my desk. I took a pic with a flash and it showed a ton of streaks that I haven't had the chance to wipe up yet, so I'll take a nice bright photo soon. Actually, I'll probably set up my webcam to broadcast that tank seeing as it's kinda cool and real close to my computer. I'll see.

OK, I'm off to go shoot some fools on Delta Force: Black Hawk Down because nothing blows off steam like knifing some sniper who's cutting your platoon to ribbons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home