Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Crouching Tony, Hidden Boredom

I have to appologize for my lack of motivation to post recently. Things have been crazy around here. Not so much, but enough to keep me up late and off blogger.

Yesterday Cousin Tony came over to watch a movie. He had never seen Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (which is one of my favorites) and I have the DVD, so we set a time, ordered a pizza and went to town. He had a good time, I got to have a nice conversation or two with him about girls, friends, work, a lot of stuff, and then we put on the movie and he hated it. About a half hour into the movie he was making fake snoring sounds and laughing. Then he told me "the movie makes me sleepy" so I took his ass home. He mocked me for liking the movie and said it was very boring. I can't think of many movies that are less boring, but if you've seen it, you know a big part of the drama is 2 love stories and a few stories of revenge. All of that with English voice overs due to the fact that Cousin Tony would struggle with the subtitles = not exactly what he thought he was getting into. I got served.

One thing I found very interesting was his interest in why things didn't work out with my ex. I tried to explain to him that she wasn't sure what she was looking for and through trial and error realized I'm not that guy. I said she wasn't happy and wanted to live her life without me. None of that meant anything to him. He didn't understand, and without any experience at all, I can't blame him. Then I said that she wanted to go back to CO and that I like living in NJ so much that she didn't believe that I would be happy in CO. That made sense to him, but he didn't know where CO is. I told him that if you drove to north carolina, came home, drove back to north carolina, and came home again it would be about that long a car ride and that made perfect sense to him. He repeated back to me, "So she wants to live far away and you want to stay here close to us? You're my cousin, you have to live close enough for us to hang out." He's right.

Equally shocking was that it didn't bother me to talk about it at all. He had a genuine interest in what happened between us. He didn't understand how all of a sudden things could be so different. I explained it wasn't really all of a sudden, it was over a long time. He has a girl in his life now too and I think he's doing research into how things work because he has no clue. I believe 100% that it's very innocent and is just a co-ed friendship, but he said he's thinking about asking her to the prom. The timing of his questions made me think he was asking me why my ex left me so that he could make sure it didn't happen to him and his lady friend. I could be totally wrong, but it makes sense if I thought about myself in middle school. He reminds me of myself when I was that age, so it's very reasonable to draw that conclusion.

This weekend is really looking up. I should have the results of my sleep study by then (but with my luck I won't) and I allready have plans... (:




.....yarrrrghhhh it's driving me nuts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home