Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tomorrow, 2pm

Tomorrow I leave work at 1:30 for the doctor's office. Hopefully an hour from leaving my desk I'll have a solution to my sleep issues. I guess they aren't super serious seeing as the Good Doctor decided to wait over a week to give me the damn results, but I'm hoping he tells me my condition is awful. At least that way I'll have an excuse for days like today.

I seriously thought I was drugged. I started wondering if something I ate last night or the old coffee I drank this morning had something rotten or seriously wrong with it. I woke up at 8:30... after my alarm had been BLARING since 7. I haven't had a problem waking up now that I've tweaked a few things, but today I slept right through, got up, got ready for work, left, sat at my desk, and felt the room spin for the entire day. I don't know what the hell was wrong with me, but I seriously had a moment where I did a mental inventory of everything I had put into myself in the past 24 hours to figure out if something was drugging me. I didn't even have a beer yesterday, so it wasn't alcohol. I didn't eat anything strange, I didn't drink anything that would have hurt my sleep or made me feel weird in the morning. I am still shocked at how bad I felt all day. It was basically like I had slept on a pile of rocks and woke up to a solid drug cocktail.

I am still feeling like things are just one click off from where they should be, but I'm going to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good morning of work and a good afternoon of finally knowing what's wrong with me.

Again, I have to rehash my fear that I'm going to hear, "hey, just noticed something... you're a fat fuck. Lose weight and call me in the morning." or "Well, there's nothing wrong with you physically... it must be in your head." or "I don't see any problem at all... you just need to sleep more." If I don't get a response like, "Your problem is X and I'm going to reccomend Y which should fix it forever" I'm going to blow a fuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home