Sunday, January 23, 2005

If I had a dollar for every time someone said if I had a dollar for every time

Went to my interview at Morgan Stanley. It was about 30min of hanging out with Alejandro and him just feeling me out and then a 2 hour math and reading comprehension test. They tried to put all math and reading into business terms so it would seem like a business test, but all that was was window dressing. My simple math part of my brain is melted. I was using the calculator on my phone for shit like 6 x 7. Once I fought my way through the math part the reading part was easy. Very very simple stuff.

When I got back to Alejandro's office he was looking at the applications he had left... all 3 of them. I don't know if those are all the people invited back or not, but my folder was one of 3 on his desk. I go back tomorrow for a psycological evaluation and role playing exercise. I get to pretend I'm a financial advisor and I have to call real people playing the roles of new customers, existing customers, and VIP customers. I have to make calls back to people that called "while I was in a meeting" and shit like that. Should be interesting. I have to prove I can make sales and that I can handle failure and shit. All things I should be very well prepared to do.

If I get this job, I want a list of every single person who tried in college so I can laugh at them.

PS. I added a new link to the links section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home