Tuesday, January 11, 2005

email

I was mad today. For one, things have been going real badly at the store. We've been getting 1 a day, but it's not enough. A sale takes no more than an hour from dude walking up to dude leaving with phone. The mall is open from 10am to 9pm. That's a long time just sitting there doing nothing. I still make hourly wages, but they suck. If this store was doing a lot of business it wouldn't be so bad. Still wouldn't be great, but at least I wouldn't feel like I do now. So here is where email comes in. I spent a good hour working over an email to Joe G. It basically stated all the problems I've been having that are making me want another job. I didn't come out and say, "take this job and shove it," but I might as well have. It was like in Airheads when the make a bunch of crazy demands so they could plea insanity when they were caught. I was asking for crazy things like being paid equal to the responsibilities I have, the proper equipment, the proper support from the staff in the office, etc. I will definately be deemed insane. I don't know how he'll take it, if he ever reads it. I just hope that it's a step in the right direction for me. I know job searches take time and that if I just quit I'll be out in the cold with no way of paying off my shiny new loan. I am going to leverage everyone I know to try and get my foot in the door.

I started my job search off by emailing my cousin today. She works for the NYSE as a head hunter. I figured that would be a good place to start. I sent her an email only to have it returned to me because I had the wrong email address. I'll call her tomorrow. I have also started work on my resume. I know I have one laying around somewhere, but I don't think it's up to date and gives "pro football player" as a "prior experience." I will put it on my flash drive before I go to work and look it over.

I saw Meet the Fockers this weekend. Long, but a good flick. Not one of the best of all time, and definately not as good as the first one, but a very good flick. I had forgotten how good it feels to go to a movie. I have read/heard that people who grew up in the depression have a special place for movies because they were an escape. I needed an escape so badly on saturday night and the movie was perfect. I wasn't depressed and worried for a good 2.5 hours. It felt so good to just let it all go for a while. Afterwards I was feeling much better than I was before. Even though the same problems still exist, for a little while, I was happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home