Thursday, December 23, 2004

A Decent day, and a view through another set of eyes

I know I put a goofy post up between this one and one of the more emotional posts I've put up to date, but I don't want this to turn into a big cry baby fest. I just can't believe what an affect this blog has on my moods. I needed to talk to someone, I posted, I didn't feel like I had to talk anymore. Just taking all my problems, translating them into type, and throwing them up into space for whoever wants to read them or not read them is amazing. It's almost like when you wear something you're really not sure looks good out in public and nobody says anything so you realize it's not so bad after all. I was able to take what I had learned from myself and move on. To all you stumbling upon this blog (if there are any, I have no clue), thank you.

I took a look at Heather's blog this afternoon to find she's made some very important relationship moves, so I shot her an IM. She's going through a lot and I'm sure it would be nice if you get a second, click on over there and post something nice in her comments field. www.heatherfink.com


Today I started making changes. Joe G called me up and yelled at me for not doing sales because the regional rep from Sprint told him that the radio shack in the Stroud Mall was one of their top sellers. Instead of doing the usual, "Joe, we're trying" routine, I finally stood up for myself, if even only a little bit. I told him "Joe, I'm not going to take this bullshit anymore. Everyone at my store works hard and understands what it takes. It's only been a few weeks and we've allready done more than that stupid radio shack does in 3 months. The service in this area blows and we aren't going to move phones that will just come back. If this dude from sprint is so high on his fucking network have him come down and explain to these people why their phones don't work in their houses. All my people are leveraging everyone in their lives to make sales and they all know exactly what needs to be done. I will not take this shit." I know for a fact that the radio shack does 3 to 5 orders a month. Those orders are only if they can't force them to take verizon. The sale I did tonight was a guy who stopped at radio shack first and instead of them adding a second line to his Sprint account they tried to sell him a verizon phone that required a $400 deposit. His second line with sprint was zero down. Even when people want sprint coming into the radio shack they try their worst to sell them verizon. I have met a bunch of guys that either work or used to work at radio shack and they have all told me that if they get 5 sales a month that's a lot. They even said sometimes they go over a month with no sales whatsoever. I told Joe flat out, "whatever the fuck that guy said to you was bullshit and if you want I'll take his number, call him myself, and tell him he's full of shit." Joe then called him back and told him it was bullshit and that we were going to pull out because he can't afford it. The guy from sprint then dropped a huge bomb and basically saved our company. He agreed with Joe to pay for our losses and make sure we stay in business because Sprint and Horizon PCS (the company we deal with that owns the towers in the area) are extremely happy with how we're doing. Not only are they flipping over backwards to make sure we do well, but they want us to open 5 more stores. When Joe G told me that a lot of stuff that's happened made perfect sense. Joe M from Horizon PCS came by and made me fill something out saying how many phones we've activated. We had done 10 at that point and he put on his best poker face, took the sheet, and left. Now they know just as well as I do that the service in the greater stroudsburg area sucks balls. It's only good in the major towns and on the major highways. Once you go into the nearby mountains it just simply doesn't work. The fact that we were able to move 10 phones in 7 days shocked them. I should have seen it by the way Joe M looked at that paper when I looked at my sales report and filled in 10 phones. They all know that we are doing miracles here and want to see what we can do with an area that has better service. They even want us to open a store in Ohio. It's about time someone gets honest and tells us "good job, the service is awful and you are still moving phones." I'm sure Joe M expected 1 phone at best. We are killing the radio shack in sales when I'm sure they have been saying for years that sprint simply doesn't sell. Again, my mood swings, things are going well.

So I mentioned I made a sale? Good for me. I am not concerned with walkups anymore. I know it's a kiosk, but it's now my headquarters. I am in the process of seeking out every single person who could use some extra cash that has access to a computer. We have a website that is catered for our agents, www.shopandgowireless.com. I am reaching out to everyone I know around the country that I know and offering them the opportunity to make a lot of money. We pay around $50 minimum a sale and all you have to do is give out a URL and a personalized bonus code. I allready have a guy in Texas, Chicago, Atlanta, and Florida. I'm looking for hundreds more. I am going to pay them as well as I possibly can because they are going to save me. I need them and I want them to know it when they get their commission check. I am prepping a road team to go out and do presentations at companies and colleges all around PA. I've allready nailed down 5 or 10 places for them to start with. Finally, I'm going back to what I used to do and I'm working on the corporate customers. I am going to do more sales out of that fucking box than the rest of the company can do in two months and I'm going to work no more than 40 hours. I'm not letting this situation get to me anymore. I am going to get back into the gym and build the body I need to repeat as O-Lineman of the year and win NJ it's first NIFL championship. I am going to let Beth know how much I love her by being there for her. Gone are the days where I am too busy. I am going to make time for everything in my life and I'm going to blow the doors off every other cell phone pushing piece of shit on the east coast. It's Isaac time, fuck face. I've been pushed into a corner and now you're going to see why I'm so dangerous. Once my favorite holiday (for which I've done zero preparations to date) is past and the new year is here, bitch time is over. New wave Isaac is here and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I am making changes to how this store is run and how I am living my life. If Joe G has a problem with it he can drive 80 miles out to Stroud and run the store himself. I am going to make every one of my employees proud of themselves and make this job something they can brag about.

I have to give credit where credit is due. After I stood up to Joe G he appologized for being so hard on me for so long. When he called me and told me the good news he was relaxed and easy to talk to. Then he called me tonight and talked about how much he appreciates me and that he's going to come out and give me my Christmas bonus. I haven't had a bonus since McDs gave me a wierd red bag when I was 14. I had mentioned that I really want to get a samsung i500 smartphone (pda + cell phone) so I can have a business line and not wake up every moring to my personal phone ringing with work shit, but I'm not going to go that far. That's a $600 phone. I might get one for myself one day, but only if the price comes down. Joe G has insane mood swings and can be a real dick at times, but when he's nice, he's a real good guy. I am not putting up with any crap from here on out because this is new wave Isaac, but I think the stronger he sees me the better off I'm going to be. Trying to be way too nice and accepting is only going to make me look like a pussy and not a good leader. I think I'll fire someone as an example to everyone else. Nah, but it would be funny if I just up and fired someone for no reason and then was like, "see, assholes? That can happen to any one of you at any time so watch your ass!" I like being the boss.

So I thought about what I wrote about my Beth situation again this morning. My bed was warm and soft and even though I didn't really want to sleep anymore I layed in bed until 1pm. My alarm went off at 11:30 and I played my favorite game. My snooze button lasts 10 minutes. The best part of sleeping is sliding into bed and feeling all your muscles just relax into the softness of the sheets, so I just experience that every 10 minutes for hours. I know I should just get up and set my clock back another hour and sleep, but that feeling of being able to get back into bed is priceless. After so many years of having to get up the second that clock starts buzzing at 4:45 AM to be at fooball practice on time (2 hour early) getting to hit the snooze as long as I feel like is wonderful. It also gives me an unreplaceable chance to just think. This morning I was thinking about Beth. I just couldn't shake the feeling that I'm going to lose the best thing that's happened to me in a long long time because I don't have my priorities straight. I put myself in her shoes and it really was shitty. She doesn't have any hobbies that take up her evenings and really just wastes time until bedtime during the week. On the weekends she gets chores done and goes out with friends. There isn't a lot for her to do at her apartment. When I get home, I'm always in a hurry to get something or other going. I'm either writting this blog, playing xbox or everquest, shopping online, working on things around the house, whatever. I never have enough time. I see beth as having lots of time and she most likely sees me as having lots of time. There is no way she understands me wanting to be home to do what I do. My hobbies that I love to spend time on are unimportant and appear almost unhealthy by outsiders. In her eyes I'm sitting on my ass instead of coming to see her. When I think of it that way I realize how much of an ass I am in her eyes. No wonder I'm thinking about starting a family and she's thinking about the next time she's going to see me. She sees my free time that I spend doing the things I do as empty-should-be-her time. I can't really argue that. I promise that I will be better to her. I owe it to her for all the wonderful tolerance and unending patience she has given me. I just keep thinking that moving ahead would solve problems. I know now that I have to solve problems to move ahead.

I can't sleep tonight because of how late I slept in. I heard a song on the O&A show that really supprised me. It was William Shatner doing a song called "Common People" It was really really good. He basically does spoken word and Joe Jackson sings. I wanted to hear it tonight, but it's not on www.launch.com so I had to go back to kazaa. I hate that damn program because of all the stupid fucked up shit that ends up on your computer when you download stuff, but when you REALLY want to hear or see something there really isn't any other choice. I figured I'd wait until it downloaded to hear it once before I went to bed, but the first one was a CockBlock file. One of those stupid fucking fake files that the music label will share on the internet to try and hide the real copies. I have 4 other versions about done. Oftentimes when the first one is a cock blocker the other ones are cock blockers as well. I hate the music industry. I would buy so much more music if it wasn't forcing us to pay $20 for a stupid CD before we even hear half the tracks. If they are so scared about people not buying the CD they should just put out better CDs and release a few tracks free on the web to start up a buzz. Fuck, copy 2 is a cock blocker... YAY! COPY 3 IS REAL! That wasn't so hard after all. I need a dell MP3 player. Put that on my christmas list. Oh wait, everyone but me and dead beat parents are done shopping allready! Damn it. I want to see Jim Norton perform tomorrow night... I better start a new paragraph.

Jim Norton is my favorite comic. I can relate to a lot of his experiences he writes in his blog (see links) and his brand of humor is exactly what I have been looking for. He is performing on long island tomorrow night. I put Rose on closing duties so I could leave early, but I haven't been able to get a ticket yet. He's performing twice and I want a ticket to both shows. I know Brad loves O&A like I do, so I called him up to see if he'd be able to make it. I thought I was about to make up for his lousy birthday gift, but I was wrong. He wasn't interested. I asked him if he could make it long island and he was like, "well, I dont' know. I don't know if I could make it out there on thursday. bla bla bla." What he should have said was, "No, I don't like this gift either, and you are not going to find one gift that anyone wants this year. Why didn't you shop earlier? You work in a mall." I haven't bought a thing and it's officially the 23rd. I've never been this far behind and failed so many times. I couldn't give away a ticket to an amazing comedy show to a fan of the comic and I couldn't give away a week in paradise. What the fuck is going to happen when I show up with a mediocre gift after I struck out with really good ones? I can't buy the ticket because I haven't shopped yet. If I go to the show alone and enjoy the hell out of myself I'll feel even worse about the shit that I'm giving to people. If I don't have time to get anything I'll be even worse. If I don't get most of my shopping done before the show I'm not going. It would be selfish of me to enjoy myself so much all by myself and contribute nothing. I know how it's going to go. I'm going to go shopping, not find shit, settle on some bullshit that they won't like anyways, miss the show, get bad reactions from my gifts, tune in to O&A to hear how amazing the show was, and feel like shit for giving up my first chance to see a hero of mine for an evening of dissapointment followed by a week of giving dissapointing gifts. I am going to feel like shit at 9 when I have to get up because I'm tired, then at 3 because I'm leaving work without a decent gift in sight, and then at 7 because I'm missing Norton's performance, and then again at 10 for the same reason, and then the feeling will just last until next christmas when I have another shot. I really wanted to get myself those tickets for Christmas, but now I can almost guarantee it won't happen. Especially because nobody I know would go on short notice and I wouldn't bring anyone who doesn't know who Jim Norton is because he's offensive as hell and very very different than most comics. I would hate to scar someone for life who never saw it coming.

Oh, and this version of Common People is incomplete and the next one that downloaded was a cockblocker. I will now double click every single file that is available and see if I can't find a complete and real version by the time I get up. Goodnight, friend, and thank you for reading.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she really saw you as an asshole she probably wouldnt be dating you. just a thought.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home