Friday, April 08, 2005

Comcast "High Speed" Internet can lick my balls

I have been trying to get on to post for about 5 hours now. All I have ever wanted from Comcast was for them to provide the service I'm paying for. I've had issues with their speeds being nowhere near advertized and their service being terrible, but at the very least, what would make me happy, all it would take, would be to guarantee that 99 times out of 100 that I can get online, check my email, post a lil something here, and sign off. I'd enjoy being able to use Xbox Live from time to time as well. Tried to get a few minutes of Halo 2 in with Brad today and couldnt' get on. The only thing I could do was get on AIM for a minute or two at a time. Stupid shit like this makes me so mad. I also had a few people on my hitlist for conversations tonight and couldn't even sign on long enough to see if I could catch them. Oh Brunnen. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

The best part of all this is that I am connected to the internet. I can get to google on and off, search the internet, but then when I click a link, I get the page not found error. Then I can get on AIM, but not google, then I can get on google, but no AIM. I'm on a home network with the digital equivilent of a 70lb AIDS patient connected to the same router. I'll turn off that computer, and mine comes right on. Then I lose connection, turn his on, and they both work, then his stops, but mine keeps running. I powercycle the network, then nothing works. There is no rhyme or reason to why Comcast High Speed Internet is or is not working.

Try calling up Comcast and see if they'll help. Here's how it goes:
me: my computer will only partially connect to the internet.
Comcast: You have spyware.
Me: I have 3 different spyware detectors. I have Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search and Destroy, and PC-Cillin which is the highest ranking spyware/antivirus out there.
Comcast: OK, sir, are you on a router?
Me: Yes.
Comcast: Easy! Simply disconnect your router and run a direct connection.
Me: But I live in a house with 3 computers and an Xbox. I need to keep the network running. That's one of the main reasons we subscribed to begin with.
Comcast: Well, the problem is your router.
Me: What should I do to fix it?
Comcast: Disconnect the router and direct connect.
Me: Listen, lady, I'm not going to disconnect my router. I NEED to have more than one thing running at once.
Comcast: Well, we can't help you then.
Me: Who can?
Comcast: How am I supposed to know?
Me: Your product is garbage, your service is garbage, your knowledge is garbage, and you are garbage.
Comcast: thank you, sir, goodbye.
Me: I hope you die young.
Comcast: **click**

I hate Comcast. I hope mentioning the word Comcast enough times will make this post show up when people are searching for high speed internet. Well, they said it would be something like 7meg down and 500k up. I get about 3meg down and 112 up and pay about $60 a month. If there was any competition out here in the woods I would have cancelled this shit years ago.

Well, I just wanted to sign on and say a few things and look what happened.

Here's what I wanted to say:

88.6% on final 2

Heather, sorry I didn't call back. I'll try you again tomorrow.

Watched The Incredibles tonight. It's now one of my favorite movies.

Still need someone to step up to the plate and see Sin City. I'd just stay after work and watch it, but...

My truck is still not home yet.

Sivana, you better tell that story you told me on your blog, or I'm going to just type it the way I saw it here and use creative liscence to make it even better... and I have a wonderful imagination.

The end.

oh, and Comcast, eat my shit you fucking losers. Any company that rolls in here is going to wipe you off the map even if they only offer half the speed you fucking assholes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home