Monday, January 24, 2005

It's the final countdown

I know that if I don't get this job I'm going to be crushed now. I am going back for my third and final part of my interview. I allready have spent over 5 hours with Alejandro and today is another 3 hour trip. On Friday, "Al" (I can't stand calling him anything. Everyone calls him Al, and I don't even know his last name, but because of his ethnicity I'm sure I couldn't pronounce it anyways, but I am so in awe when I'm talking with him I just don't call him anything for fear of insulting a man who is so obviously cocky and sure of himself that calling him Mr. probably wouldn't be enough.) called up an HR company that runs the final part of the interview. The company basically hires actors to play customers and I have a packet of financial information I have to sell to them. Morgan Stanley takes no part in the test and afterwards they get a formal evaluation from Aon (the HR firm). "Al" (I can't even type it and not feel uncomfortable) said they want to see if I can sell, how I handle failure, and how I think on my feet. All things I'm ready for. I just realized I talked about all this allready, but I am too excited to talk about much else. "Al" did say something very encouraging. He said, "We will have a work night and you can meet people allready in the training program and learn more about what you will be doing with us." I heard that and I felt great. I really really want this job and it's perfect. I will be a miserable prick during the week, and I want someone to please comment and tell me I'm a whining bitch when I post these words, "I'm not happy. I would gladly take half the money if I was doing something I enjoyed." BLEH! I know I'll say it. I think I'll enjoy this job because of the challenge, but everyone I know who has a job like this has said that line. Someone slap me when I get to that point... then again, I have to get the job first. At this point, with how much i've put into this application, if I dont' get it I will be completely crushed. If I hear back that I didn't get it I will be absolutely destroyed, but at least I'll have a goal. I still have an outstanding offer with AG Edwards which is the same industry and a very respected company. I have the guy's email on my desk and as soon as I get the MS stuff out of the way I'm going to email him and get that train rolling.

Speaking of jobs, I told Joe G that I'm interviewing all over. I let him know that if I get a great offer that I was going to leave. He told me that I could as long as I gave him a bit of notice but that it didnt' have to be 2 weeks. I should just put in my two weeks now because I barely ever work anymore. Today I'm going to finish up with morgan stanley, tomorrow is Hertz , thursday is nationwide, and I still have to get in touch with AG Edwards and NJ pets. One way or the other I'm getting a real job very soon, and having to run the store out in PA is a handicap. I am glad my employees are making good money while I'm abandoning them, but it's hard to schedule. On top of that I can't work friday or saturday because I have a personal obligation. So I'm basically working wednesday this week. This is basically what I was planning on if things went really well. I was going to wait until commissions made my hourly wothless and then spend as little time as possible in the store, but this is crazy. I will have to make it back and work after some of these interviews. I can't just ditch the place. I do like Joe G as a dude, just not as a boss. I don't want to burn bridges. This job + where I went to school are why I'm in the running at these awesome jobs, so I really can't just pull a Smokey and "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out." Another problem is Rose. She is an amazing employee who deserves better than WCB and much better than WCB dropping her flat on her face. I am going to get a copy of her resume and pass it along to people I've spoken with once I have a job. I really want her to do well. She would kick ass at any job.

I'm off to study some more. I have to know all these stocks, bonds, and mutual funds before I go in so I can effectively represent MS in these fake phone calls.

Again I'm going to ask for you all to pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home