Wednesday, February 02, 2005

So angry this morning

I woke up angry this morning because I had a very distinct memory from 4th grade. We used to go to the library once a week and work on library skills. We would look up items in the card catalog, read, learn how to use different reference books, etc. One day we were working on finding words in a dictionary. The problem was that they made it into a competition where out of the 20 students in my class the first 10 to complete a worksheet won a bookmark. The worksheet was a list of words that we had to look up and write down the page numbers where they were found. It took me all fucking 42 minutes to find all those stupid fucking words. I don’t even think I finished it. I was so frustrated and angry by the end of class that I almost had a breakdown in the library. I am AWFUL at looking up stuff in a dictionary to this day. Not as bad as I was in 4th grade, but I know I’m slower than most.

My failure wasn’t what made me angry this morning though. No, I was mad because I had a vivid memory/dream as I was waking up and the first thought I made as a conscious and awake person was that I now can look up any fucking word I want on http://www.m-w.com/. It made me so mad today that I was so fucking crushed by my lack of ABC order skill in 4th grade which is now absolutely 100% worthless in 2005. I want those 42 minutes back! Oh and how do you like me now? Stupid fucking librarian! I will never do research, look anything up, or find any sort of definition on paper ever again, you assholes. Next they should have taught us how to use an abacus or maybe to read Sanskrit? Who knows? Maybe I’d find working a printing press with the letters on blocks that have to be moved around as usefull as my HP All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier.

FUCK YOU, LIBRARY

I was so mad that after I typed the whole post and blogger.com said there was an internal error I typed the whole thing over. That is what you read above. Then I sign on a few hours later, and badabing, here it is. So I deleted it and made it a part of the first one. For those of you who want to read both, here's the original:

Why did I wake up angry this morning? For some reason I remembered as I woke up a competition we did in the library when I was in 4th grade. You had to look up a page of words and write down the page number they were found on. The first 10 students to correctly name all the pages got bookmarks. The other 10 were forced to sit and finish regardless of how long it took. It took me all fucking period to find all those fucking words because I've always been slow at ABC order. Man was I angry this morning. Fuck the dictionary. www.m-w.com is all you need. Type a word in, get a definition. I defy any of those fucking clowns in the first 10 to pull out a big ol paper dictionary and find a word faster than I can on www.m-w.com! How about that??? You like that shit? I'll never use a paper dictionary again! And fuck your stupid bookmarks too! I want my 42 minutes of my life back that I spent in the stupid lincoln-roosevelt library! Totally useless. Why don't you teach me how to use an abacus or write in sanscrit while you're at it? FUCK YOU, DICTIONARIES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home