Monday, April 11, 2005

Another day closer

Tomorrow is my last day to study before I hit the 7 hour, 250 quesion, series 7 exam that will make or break my career. Holy shit I'm nervous. I'm yet to fail a final. In fact, I've been scoring well over 15% in the black, so I'm all good, but that test is freaking me out. 7 hours sitting at a computer answering multiple choice questions. I just hope the adrenaline keeps me sharp for the whole exam. I've been using an obscene ammount of coffee to do the trick these days, but I dont' want to do that during the test.

I was also worried about the whole length of the test because lately I've been having a hard time keeping my focus for the whole day. Today was a good sign though because I tested from 8am to 5pm and had no problems. I took an hour lunch at 12:45 and chatted for a few minutes when I got back, but for the most part, I was testing for the entire day.

OK, work is boring. Here is the first thing I'd like to mention:
Zakk1
Zakk Wylde is the greatest rocker of our time. I have been listening to his solo work and black label society non stop since I was introduced to them by The Boston Strangler. Awesome as hell, rocks it like whoa. Parties like a pirate. Total maniac and I love it. Every song of his is awesome and when you get tired of one for a minute, you just get caught up on another one. Buy everything he's ever done (including his time with ozzie). He fucking RULES! I saw him live when I went to see Ozzie at the garden. I've never enjoyed a 10 minute guitar solo, but holy shit, he is so amazing that it could have went an hour and I would have been on the edge of my seat the whole time. He's the best. SDMF, Mr. Wylde!

I linked to that post about sluts a post or so down, but I'd like to comment on the topic a bit here as well. The good people at Shoemakers Villiage "Games are for Children" have had some really great topics recently. This one, Sluts, got me angry. I HATE the word slut. I've never used it in a negative way, nor will I ever. I've NEVER met a girl that I didn't like because of her sexual aggression. It's called being honest. I hate chicks who are uptight and get all squeemish when someone cracks a sexual joke, says something dirty, etc. If I was a chick and I had the power to get laid whenever the fuck I wanted you can bet your ass I would. Of course I wouldn't if I grew up in the same world where women who are sexually active are demonized by their peers and looked down upon for God knows what reason. When a dude sees a hot chick at a bar, what is he thinking? "Boy, I bet her and I would have a lot to talk about." "Guys, see that dame over there? I would love to sit down and talk politics with her for a while. She would be a real sparkplug during a debate." NO! Are guys looking for a girl that's going to pretend she's an angel for a year before they even consider sexual relations? NOOO!!!! I'm not saying that everyone (myself included) is looking for some one night no strings attached sexual romp, but the reality that we're all grown ups here and we all know what we want should be enough motivation to have a good time when you want to without feeling bad about it later on. Of course everyone makes judgement errors (how else would I ever have hooked up with any chicks?) when it comes to who they should hook up with, but as long as your safe, who gives a shit?

I have to go against the last paragraph and say a little something about msyelf. I am a traditional guy. When I'm into a girl, I could care less if she is holding out for marriage or is ready to rumble on day 1. It's so much more important what she's like than what she does. It's nice to have a girl who's honest about her sexuality, but it's better to meet someone you really enjoy. I plan on attacking the preconceived notions about sex and reputations and whatever in this blog, but don't read this wrong. I'm as traditional as they come, I just can't stand the bullshit that surrounds dating and relationships. That's why I frequent Shoemakersvillage. It gives me somewhere to vent about all the shit I have in my head.

Well, I did it. I reactivated my membership at eharmony.com. I still haven't paid to have a full subscription, but I'm able to recieve new matches and have been sending out communications (with no responses yet). I dont' know what I'm looking for, but I know what J. Mother Fucking Scott always says, "Always have one in the chamber and be ready for anything."

Still no truck. That old piece of shit's getting a piece of my mind tomorrow. I wanted to start back at the gym 2 weeks ago, but I have no fucking way to get there.

Oh Brunnen. I have a ton of shit to say, but I'm tapped out right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't like the word slut eh?? You're right it is way overused. Here is my definition.

A girl that goes around and sleeps with a vast number of dudes and is never in control. The girl that lets guys use her and at the end of the day is not happy. She just wants the attention and doesn't care how she gets it. Hard to spot these females, but I know them to exist. This female typically has low self esteem and constantly says that guys don't like her. She is usually very annoying and has poor relationships with other females.

Girls that sleep around and are in complete control are not sluts. THe ones that know what they are doing and have a good time should not be penalized for that.

11:50 PM  
Blogger NJX70 said...

preach on, brutha man

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home