Friday, April 08, 2005

I'm back online... for now

allright, I'm back online. I typed that last post last night when my computer was pretending to be online. So now it's Friday. I got another 80 on a final. I talked to a guy on the train that will most likely invest with me once I pass the 7. I'm beat from work.

I had so much to say yesterday, but now I can't remember any of it. Great lunch today. Good ol fashioned italian food and a meeting about closed end funds. w00t! I'm really growing into this financial consultant thing. I'm enjoying doing research on stocks, the news, etc all day between tests and complaining about tests. It's a cool knowledge to have and I think I'm really going to like this. Plus, I got paid today. It's a beautiful thing to see my gross pay... then I get over a third of it deducted for all the shit I have going on (401k, stock purchase program, heath care, etc) and I have a mediocre net payout. I have plenty, but not as plenty as I had originally thought.

I might actually have plans for tonight... but then again, I have no truck. I'll have to beg my way into a hyundai or borrow my lil sister's truck. I swear I'm going to get the ramcharger up and running before The Red Dragon's back in my driveway.

Speaking of, I called my new buddy Jimmy at Sansone today. He's the gnarled old codger that is working on my truck. I called him yesterday and he was a little short with me. I just wanted to know what the story was with my truck and he got a tad snippy. Something changed overnight though. Something tells me Uncle Russ had a talk with him because he was falling all over himself to appologize for my truck not being ready yet today. He was like, "I'm so sorry it's not done yet. We're still waiting on the part, but when it's done I'm going to take it out for a road test personally and we won't bring it back until it's perfect. I hope this isn't too much of an inconvenience?" "Well, now that you mention it, this has been a totally uncessesary and inexcusable pain in my ass. I was not leant a car, I rented for 2 weeks totalling way over $700, and this time I didn't have the cash to get another rental, so I'm forced to beg for rides and on top of that, the last train to my town is at 5:30 so I'm not able to stay late to get my work done. This is unacceptable and I hope this time you guys have figured out what to do so that we don't have to go through any unpleasentness." "Oh, no, I'm sorry to hear it. I will personally make sure everything is done right. I feel awful we've put you through this. I mean it's never good, but YOU? You paid so much and for us to not do it right is a shame." "Yes it is. As I've said, this better be the last time I see you for a very long time." "It will be."

I got off the phone and laughed and laughed and laughed. He got served big time. Not by me, by his boss, and now he had to kiss my ass when before he wouldnt' even talk to me because my old man's name is on the title. See you in hell, jimmy... from heaven.

My stupid ass didn't charge my phone last night, so as I'm having a nice conversation waiting for the train the phone decided no mas. I have it all plugged in now, I just need to figure out what's going on with a set of wheels for tonight. If The Boston Strangler had sold me his bike (and if I knew how to ride...) I'd be able to arrive in style, but that will have to wait until I find somethign else because Strangler's old man decided he'd buy the bike and it's understandable that blood comes first.

I have to talk about current events for just one second. I know that every time I read somethign from a wanna be newscaster on blogexplosion I'd immediately hit NEXT, but I do have to say something. I am a Catholic. The Pope has never been a reality to me. My grandmother saw him once when he was in the US and it made her very happy, but I never really knew how much pull the pontiff had these days. The outpour of sympathy, mourners, news, etc has been refreshing. I couldnt' tell you the last time I was in a church, but I am a spiratual man. When I heard the pope died, I was waiting to see his story next to a story on Terri Shiavo's funeral and Jacko's kid touching on Google News. What I did see was a link that said, "Show all 5,956 related stories." For one minute I felt like the world had it's priorities straight. It felt great.

I am using firefox now. I guess I've joined the highest echelon of nerd. I still need to figure out why this one is so special, but I'm sure everyone who has it allready will have some tip or another. If there's a glaring reason why this is so much better that I can see with my own eyes, let me know. Right now it just seems like IE with a different logo.

Opperation do something on a friday night officially underway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home