Sunday, April 10, 2005

OPPERATION MOTORCYCLE

Hear ye! Hear ye! I'm officially on the hunt for a bike. I have been pricing them all weekend and have decided that it's either going to be a used bike through some connections of mine or I'm going to go get myself something from a dealer in town. Basically, I'll have a bike this summer. As I've briefly mentioned in the past, I don't know how to ride, but when you wake up and it's a beautiful sunny 70 degrees and you live on a country road it's hard not to want to get on a bike and go. I wanted to drive today so badly that I got my dad to chuck his keys my way just so I could get a taste of the fresh air. I've wanted a bike for years and now that I have a job and bills and rent, why not? I was pushin the diesel up Shades of Death road and realized how much cooler this afternoon's ride would have been on a bike. For the road being called Shades of Death it's really a beautiful place. Farms, barns, cows, horses, the whole 9. I was expecting at least a few run down barns or an abandoned house. Nothing. I guess I'll have to search through Wierd NJ to find something interesting about it.

So this afternoon I decided I'd cruise ebay motors to see what the motorcycle market was like... it sucks ass. ebay is cool for simple stuff, but when you're looking for a broad picture of a market you don't really know a lot about, it's rough. I was just typing in stuff like "honda motorcycle" and coming up with a thousand dirt bikes. I couldn't figure out how to narrow my search down to just street bikes and just in my price range. According to the finance calculators on a few dealer sites, I could get a bike for as low as $50 a month for 24 months. That was on a new bike too. I know of a bunch of dealerships around that would most likely do a financing deal on a used bike. I bet I can get away with only financing a few grand and riding off into the sunset.

Look at me. I have my tatoo ready to go and am looking for a bike. I'm going to be the biggest badass in my office full of jewish financial consultants. The tat is going to go down soon, but I'd really like to make sure I have lots of money in the bank first. I want to get it all done in one shot and I know that it's not going to be cheap. That on top of all the bills I'm taking on once I move out (car insurance, food, rent) plus the bills I have now (cell phone, loan payments, college loans) will be killer. But when would be a better time for me to do things for myself? Now, or years down the road when I'm too old to enjoy my toys? There has always been a voice of reason stepping in and fucking up my plans for one reason or another. Now that I'm single and moving out I will be without the need to sneak anything by anyone. I am free.

I bought myself another lil pocket knife. I stopped to get cash from the ATM at the local filling station so I could pay for the train tomorrow morning and saw a little black lockback, 2in knife in a fishbowl at the counter. I liked it, so I bought it. It's a piece of shit, but it's the little things like this that make me happy.

Shit, if I had my truck right now I'd be out at the harley dealership in town. Then I'd be running down to the 4 other bike shops I know of and then probably stopping by Brad's place to weld shit for fun. Today is just such an awesome day and I'm trapped here in my cave. I hate not having my truck.

For those of you that don't know, if there are 3 bikes sitting side by side that all look basically the same and have similar performance numbers with no one clear winner, but have different brands on the tanks this is how it goes. Harley: $22,000, Honda: $6,000, Yamaha: $6,000. Why? Because rich middle aged men buy Harley's to prove they are still men. If you look at the landscape of bikes these days, the badasses have moved on from Harleys to building their own bikes while the yuppies and average folk have moved onto HD. What does this mean to me? It means I'll buy the best bike I can afford no matter what name is on the side because Harley Davidson doesnt' mean what it used to anymore. I am not knocking HD, but seriously, why pay 3 times the price for the same bike just so you can say you ride a Harley? How would you sleep at night? "On top of a pile of money with many beautiful women." Shut the fuck up Mr. Wolfcastle.

I'm done for now... will probably post again later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home