Friday, May 13, 2005

I can see my house from here!

ahhhhhhh! It's good to be back. First, let me post what I wrote offline a few days ago and I'll come back with another post later.

I am going through internet withdrawal, so I decided I’d write a post on word and save it until I get my shit hooked up here in da new crib. So much is happening right now. I have been busy as hell every night trying to get myself situated, but the more I get done, the more I realize I have left to do. I have to give a shout out to Brad for being a huge help. Not only did he help me move in for 11 hours on Sunday, but he agreed to tag along for a furniture shopping spree today. I saw an add in the Sunday paper from Target that showed a bunch of cheap couches and shit, so I decided that we’d hit Target tonight. I don’t know if I was looking at the wrong add or if that Target just sucked ass, but there was nothing there. I did get a ton of shit that I really needed. I now have a microwave, lamp for the living room, coffee maker, pots and pans, glasses, and a ton of other stupid lil bullshit items. Walking through the aisles was rough because every single aisle had more shit that I needed. It’s not until you move out for good that you realize how little you really have. My living room is just my stupid desk, my chair, and my TV. I was counting on some people coming up huge with furniture, but so far every one of my sources is tapped out. I still have to hit up my grandmother and see what she has laying around, but for now it’s looking like I am actually going to have to hit a real furniture store and actually buy a real living room set.

I ran over to the office today during my lunch break from insurance licensing school to pick up my monthly paycheck and to deposit said paycheck in the bank. I felt so at home in the office. I actually am excited to be back at the ol desk. Unfortunately I have insurance class through next Tuesday and my health/life test next Friday, so I won’t be back in the office until Wednesday of next week and I shant be going in on Thursday with a test on the horizon. I feel like part of the family at AG Edwards now. I missed seeing everyone and I really wanted to stay and chat with people, but I was on a tight schedule and had to run out as fast as I ran in. It also reminded me how important it is for me to stay on top of my series 66 material. I’ve been so wrapped up in everything else going on around me that I haven’t picked up my books since I was in St. Louis. I still have a couple of weeks to get ready, but I want to go in there knowing I’ll score no lower than a 90% because this is my only shot to pass it now.

Enough of that negative shit. Now for the real amazing news from this week. I’m going on my third night in my OWN place and the feeling of total relaxation cannot be overstated. I come home, I whip something up to eat, I work on the apartment a bit, I listen to music, and I’m in bed. I wake up at 7, shower, eat, have a cup of coffee at my leisure, and saunter out of the building. I am only 20 minutes from class and it feels amazing. I can only imagine how crazy it’s going to be when I’m back at AGE. I test drove to my apartment from the office during the day just to see how long it will be when there are people on the road. I went from standing in my office to parked in my parking spot in 6 minutes. The only reason it took that long was because I hit ever single light. I don’t know, but I think that some of this feeling of freedom comes from the fact that I am now living by my own rules. I have nothing but love for my parents. They are the best. They never tried to give me any shit about any stupid thing I’ve decided to do. I have no “breaking free of the chains that bind” feeling at all, but the fact that I can roll in whenever the hell I want and not worry about waking up the dog or that I can rock out at volumes that make my ears bleed without worrying about waking anyone up. [lil side note: I never could play anything loud in my house at any time of the day. My father sleeps during the day, and my mother sleeps at night, so I was always on constant “courtesy” mode]. I do miss being able to come home and find a fridge full of all sorts of food, but I’ll get there. I am going to miss my family, but the feeling I have right now is simply amazing. I feel like Peter in Office Space. I have nothing to weigh me down. Work is going to be the busiest I’ve ever been for the next 5 weeks, I’m dealing with my issues, trying to be a lil social butterfly, and breaking in the new place all at once, but I couldn’t be any happier or feel any more relaxed. I dropped just about half a paycheck today on rent and gear. Do I feel bad about that? No. Am I getting very concerned about money? Yes. Does that make me feel any less relaxed? No. I’m just happy to be alive. All I’m going to need now is to make this living room look like a living room and I’ll be all set. Biggest problem I’m having with being disconnected from the internet is lack of information. I would really like to be able to get in touch with the utility companies that will be supplying my sweet sweet internet, phone, and digital cable… so what do I do? Freak out and drive to Brad’s house to look it up there. I would love to know my exact balance in my checking account, but I’ve been crippled by the internet. Instead of having a tangible solution like billions of people did (including myself) before the internet was available I just do without and hope the world will still be round when I get plugged back into the matrix. I have also lost about 50% of my writing ability from this break. Nothing I write feels like it fits.

Well, it’s getting late, so I’m gone. I hope that you are reading this on Friday afternoon, but for my records, this post was finished on Wednesday, May 11 at 12:22 AM.

If you are reading this on Friday, that means I found someone to let the cable guy into my apartment. I don’t know why, but I figure out more stupid solutions to stupid problems writing for this stupid blog than I do pondering for hours whilst doing other things. I’m going to call my landlord and see if one of them can let the dude into my apartment! If that won’t work, I’m just about tapped out of ideas. The time is between 11am and 2pm on Friday, so I tried every college kid I know and none of them are able to help a brother out. My sister is going back to college for summer session, Fil is going to Boston to see Nine Inch Nails (he’s so gay for NIN), Brad’s lil sister is gone, even Tony isn’t available. Everyone else I know either has a job or is too far away to take a ride and sit for a few hours to wait and let in the cable guy. My last resort will be asking at the office if one of my homies can drive over and let them in when I get the call that they are coming. Like I said, I’m 6 minutes away from my job, so if one of them wants to be a peach, that could solve the problem as well.

OK, now I’m really gone. Goodbye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home