Saturday, June 11, 2005

.5 weekend update

Going well thus far. Things to consider, times were had.

I am hoping to figure out if I'm going to have time to write a real post tonight or if I'm going to hit the bars. It's just so fucking hot out that I don't want to be anywhere but in front of my AC. I'll see what's up.

I also have to say I'm getting that stupid sick feeling in my gut that something's coming up that I dont want to do. I really don't want to go back to st.louis. Everything's been going so well. I don't want anything to change, and I'm just about to be launched into the wild. The green light is on. It's time to jump, but I don't want to. I just want to keep doing what I'm doing and stay in jersey. I know it's as minor as it could be, but it's the start of the time period in a FC's life where most of them fail. It's also hazing time. Not by other brokers, but by your responsibilties. It's much harder to bring in cold business than warm business, and I'm new, so everything's cold. I have to spend more time and more energy hitting the phones for the next few years than I will the rest of my career combined. This is what I want. This is what I was prepared to do. I am just scared. I know that's OK as well because of what our CEO Bob Bagby told us when we were in his office. He said, "The only time in my life that I was really scared was when I quit my job and started my career as an FC." He went on to say, "You have the greatest job in the whole world. There is no limit to what you can do now." I am not normally motivated by things like that, but the way he said it with so much real genuine passion made me feel good. He is coming back to address our training class on wednesday I believe, and I'm excited to hear him speak again.

The closer I get to go time, the more I realize it's not the giving up of free time, hastle of the airport, hastle of boring classes, hastle of hastle of hastles, it's just that this is like hitting the ramp. When this period is over I'll be in the sky and there's no guarantee I'll come down on my wheels.

Well, the more I write, the more plans that are being made, and the less chance of me going out. I'll most likely be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home