Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Halfway through week 1

So here I am. It's wednesday. What have I learned? I've learned that some people are just mean no matter what you do. Some people are nice no matter what you do. Some people will listen no matter what you do. And some people won't. The most important thing I've gathered is that my integrity shows through in my work. Everyone I've had real conversations with have said the only reason they are talking to me is because they could tell I am "a good man." There are some things in life that you have to thank God and your parents for. One of them is when someone who's never spoken to you in your life picks up the phone on a Wednesday afternoon with no intention of doing anything and ends up respecting you for your values. If they weren't real, then nobody would believe me. If I wasn't a good guy, I wouldnt' be treated like one. I think deep down my personality and my honesty will get me more clients than my ability to spin conversations and have great products. I am someone people can trust, and even though i have no idea how, they can tell over the phone without ever meeting me face to face.

Enough of tooting my own mediocre horn. I stink.

So it's been an interesting week so far. I've uncovered some really good people who have a legitimate need that I can help them with. The only problem is that it's going to take a long time to actually open their accounts. Not many high net worth people are going to just sign their savings over after a week or two. Most will take at least a few months. I am not going to go into the whole sales process, but I will say this: Even if I don't open a ton of accounts, I'm meeting some really interesting people who have great stories and amazing lives. If nothing else I'll make a friend or two out there.

I've also had some exciting conversations this week, but I'll leave it at that.

I finally dropped off my dirty clothes to the dry cleaners. It was 2 suits and 11 shirts. It's going to cost me around 25 bucks, but I'll have nice clean clothes to wear for a change. When I went out to St.Louis I packed my stuff waaaaaaaay too tight and they all came out looking like I packed them in a grocery bag. Once I get these 2 suits back the others will go in to be cleaned and pressed as well. Then I'll actually look like a real business man. I fell like such a bum in a wrinkled suit.

Eventually AJ is going to send me the rest of his build pictures from his hotrod and bike and I'll post them here, but I want to wait until I have them all, so it will probably be a while.

Anything else going on... not really... I set one appointment this week... with a friend of mine. He's going to come in so I can help him with some of his finances and I can't wait. It's going to be a good trial run of what I have to do when strangers come in. I'm going to treat him like a client, watch my language, and do everything right. I'm going to prepare like it's not a friend and present my solution to him in the same manner. It's an account on week 1, and I'm thankful. Let's just hope I can set some appointments for week 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home