Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas

I had a very nice Christmas. I went into it with the only one expectation: To spend time with my family. The food was insane on Christmas Eve at Tsi tsi's place and on Christmas at my mother's.

This year the 7 fish went as follows:
1. Shrimp
2. Anchovies (in both fried dough and iya ouiya)
3. Squid
4. Muscles
5. Scallops
6. Bakala (holy shit, spelling anyone?)
7. Crab Legs

I ate so much I thought I was going to have serious physical problems going forward. I don't think I'll ever be the same.

Then I beat myself up again on Saturday. My mother came back with her knockout punch of her own... a 25lb ham that was cooked to PERFECTION. I couldn't stop eating and there was always more where that came from. OMFG... food

Everyone got me such nice stuff too. I really should have figured out a way to get them something besides a promotional egg radio from my job. I felt like a creep. Whatever. I can still get away with it for another year or so.

All in all it was a very nice holiday weekend. The market is closed today to mark the holiday which means I sit at home and chill.



I want to post my away message from this weekend just because people have been responding well to it and I really want to save it someplace where I can find it one day:

FnkMasta I: Seeing as you're reading this, you are a part of my life. Whether it's a small or large part doesn't matter. Everyone who has stayed in contact with me over the years, everyone I've loved, everyone I've laughed with, cried with, fought with, drank a few too many beers with, you all have contributed a piece to who I am. The things I've accomplished, the success I've had, the happiness I've felt would have been meaningless without having you to share it with. All of you. I want to thank you for being there for me and letting me into your worlds as well. Without friends, the world is just egos and dust. I'm thankful for you all. I wish you all a Christmas full of love and happiness. You deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home