Sunday, December 12, 2004

wow

specialbday
This is the away message Beth put on my computer tonight. I'll never forget it.

I came home tonight at 11pm after a full day's work to find a whole bunch of my friends and a lot of booze waiting for me in my living room. First of all, I love all my friends more than I can say without making them uncomfortable. Beth is the best ever. She set this all up. I am drunk and I don't want to blog with friends in my house, but I have to say this while it's fresh. Curt, Hot Carl, Drufus, Strada Bones, Brad, Beth, Carly, and Liz were all in my house when I came home.

From now on every time I underestimate my friends I want someone to come over to my house and punch me in the face. I just wish I had a better way to thank everyone other than writting it in my stupid blog while they are downstairs. I wish there was an appropriate way to express absolute shock and unending appreciation besides standing in the doorway looking like a dope with bad eyes. I just stared into the room and saw everyone sitting there and couldn't figure out why. Then I realized Beth set this all up for my birthday only after she ran up and hugged me. Until that point I just did the old man thing and questioned the quality of my vision and kept thinking to myself, "man, that dude looks a lot like Strada Bones, and that's not Hot Carl, is it? Man, my family has friends that look a lot like mine." I almost did the Boston Strangler in Panama City glasses up and down thing to prove to myself that my friends were really here. They came from as far away as Rhode Island to say happy birthday to me. Man I really have awesome friends and an awesome girl. Right now I'm making a copy of Hot Carl's Senior Week DVD or I'd be downstairs. I thought I'd take these few minutes to write something about a night I never dreamed would happen for me. I never even had a beer for my birthday other than my 21st and really was getting used to the whole alone thing. If it wasn't for my amazing friends I don't know what I'd do. Guys, I love you all. I feel special tonight for the first time in a long time and I owe it all to a girlfriend who truly loves me and a bunch of friends who will be there for me forever. I have 3 minutes before Hot Carl's DVD is done copying so I'll write a little more, but I can't complain about anything. All is right in the world. I am working 12 hours tomorrow, but it's all cool. Tonight is more than I could have ever asked for. Thank you guys. You all are greater than I deserve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home