Sunday, March 27, 2005

Dirty Rotten Stay-Out

How much ass do I kick? I have gone from a drunk fool to someone who has a fantastic time with just a few cocktails (unless of course we have to sail the high sees with Cpt. Knopantz... that doesnt' count). Jack and coke is my favorite drink ever. Thank you goes out to Peter Bresko at www.freecellphonesguy.com for re-introducing me to how awesome this drink is. When I worked for WCB we had a birthday party for Jackie at Don Q's and he came. He is one of the coolest guys I"ve met because he is probably in his late 40s and parties like a rock star and has a very lucrative business going for himself. He is at that point with his webpages that he could basically just do nothing. Me, C, and Free Cellphone Guy were hanging out at one end of the table and he was knocking back one Jack and Coke after another, then the waitress came over and he goes, "Senorita, these drinks you are bringing me are wonderful. You know what I would like next? I would like a whole pitcher of Jack and Coke so we can all share in the wonderfulness." She was so confused, but after some explanation we had a pitcher of Jack and Coke. I like to remember my time at WCB like that. There were some great times before the Sprint PCS world fell down around us. Look at me! I'm remembering good things! I think this whole new deal is going to work out just fine for me.

So another night out last night. I felt like an ass because I forgot how to get to Awesome Dan's house. I freaken grew up there and I drew such an amazingly frustrating blank on directions. I realized the last time I was there I was passed out face down in his backyard and then proceded to make a raging fool of myself in front of most of my childhood friends and his family. That was the last night I ever drank like that... thank God. The only problem is every time I've run into Awesome Dan's Awesome Parents it's had to do with drinking. At Tom's grad party I ran into them on my way out of the party to drive down the street to get money to buy drinks (I owed Erika a drink) and then tonight, Awesome Dan's Awesome Dad drove us all to the bar. Of course someone made mention to the last time I was there and I was like, "I'm a new man. I realized the errors of my ways and have changed." And Awesome Dan's Awesome Dad replied, "And where am I driving you again?" "The bar..." And we laughed and laughed and laughed.

There was a band at the bar that was actually very talented, but they ruined it by having a very strange presentation. They would start one song, get about halfway through, and just as everyone was getting into that song segway into another song. Once everyone got into that song they'd segway back into the original song and finish it. It was wierd. Everyone would be singing along to Sweet Caroline and then all of a sudden they're doing a Sublime song. I guess it showed a bit of talent and preparation, but I wasn't digging it.

I ran into some friends I hadn't seen forever. It was a real good time. Then I went to get a round for the boys and ran into a dame I knew from highschool. She was so fucking BLASTED that she couldn't speak. I always remembered her as a lil prim and proper girl with straight As. She was such a mess it wasn't even a conversation. It was her going "bla gagaohatg gbao bla" and me going, "really. That's awesome... BARKEEP!" If she was able to string words together I would have been interested to hear what she was up to, but it was too much of a struggle and I wasn't into it.

Another amazing situation was very clear to me. Almost everyone at this bar was coupled. You would see a few girls and every one would have a guy standing behind her giving the ol' possession touch. The hand on the hip, over the shoulder, etc just to let all guys know "this one is mine!" Nothing wrong with it, and I know couples go out to bars, but it was just strange that there were probably just about as many ladies there as gentleman but nobody was really partying and getting to know other people. It was a strange vibe. Then a kid I recognized from high school came up to me and started asking how he knew me. He asked if I went to Roxbury. I said yes and then asked him what year he graduated. He replied, "Ah shit... [turns to one of his friends] YO, DUDE, WHAT YEAR WOULD WE HAVE GRADUATED??? 98." I was like, "that's super, I'll talk to you later."

So we ended up just hanging out and knocking a few back and then the bar was clearing out around 2AM so we hopped back in Awesome Dan's Awesome Dad's Awesome Minivan and went home. I hadn't drank much of anything so I just got in my dad's truck and drove home. Mine is officially out of commission after the NYC trip I took on saturday. I have a tow truck coming to drop off a loaner and pick it up on monday. I just paid to have a brand new trans installed 2 months ago and now it's shot again. I'm furious for many reasons: 1. I wanted to get into the gym this week and now I can't because if I don't have a car I'll have to take the train. Taking the train means I won't have enough time to get to the gym, lift, and get on the last train to my town. 2. I just paid $7,800 to have it fixed right and it's not. 3. I have a weekend in Boston planned and if I don't have my truck I will have to beg to borrow one of my family's vehicals. Oh, and did I metion I'm broke? I have only been paid once at my job and I've been there since feb 14. That check was only for about 1.5 weeks of work. I don't think I get paid again until the 10th and I have bills. Of course my landlord demanded deposit be placed last week or I'd be just fine. I'm going to have to seriously cut back on any and all expenses so I make it. This is simply hilarious because if I was paid for a full month in my first check I'd still have PLENTY of money and once I'm paid again I shouldn't ever have to live paycheck to paycheck again. It's this silly lil thing called starting in the middle of a pay period in a job that pays monthly.

I know that my long winded posts don't find themselves read at times, but I have a lot to say recently and I'm writting this for my entertainment, so suck it up!

I have to mention that Drufus just sent me this link. http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm He's a silly goose. And he wonders why people look at him funny.

I guess the quote game is over due to lack of participation, but I would like to have one from time to time anyways:

"We are assembling a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We pattern ourselves in the tradition of our ancestors. You have our gratitude."

3 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

A night spent drinking is never a night wasted.

Well, yes it is, but who cares?

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you'll have the opportunity to kill 50, maybe 60 people.

8:25 PM  
Blogger NJX70 said...

Bravo, silly goose!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home