Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hey, what happened to Spring?

I took a great pic today, but Flickr (that was just bought out by Yahoo! this week... I'm not happy about it, but I hear the pro price is coming down, so I'll wait a week or two before getting too mad) is down for maintenence, so if it doesn't come back up soon I'll just post it tomorrow. The reason it's a great pic is because it's a shot of me sitting in traffic in the SNOW on March 23rd. What a joke. I hate almost-springtime snow. I absolutely love the winter because of my obsession with being cold, but snow in late march is depressing. Also, I know a friend of mine has a birthday today. It's either Kelly or Erika, but I can't rember which is the 23rd and which is the 27th and both would burn me for not knowing. Oh brunnen, Happy Birthday to you both. I'll post the same on the 27th just to cover all the bases.

So WTF is up with the snow? I was in traffic from 5PM until just about 9. I have been having a very clear new idea about life recently and this is a good place to introduce it. Life is the same for everyone. Everything that will ever happen to you has happend to billions of people before you and will continue to happen to billions of people who follow. Just as billions have had their hearts broken and lived, billions have driven in the fucking snow! Why the hell is it so hard? I know I have a 3/4 ton pickup with 4WD, but shit. It's not rocket science, just go slow and give a lot of space between you and the car in front of you and we'll all get home fine. There were a dozen accidents on 80W and I ended up topping out at a blinding 15mph the whole time. At least the snow looked cool.

I decided I wasn't going to pay any mind to the cold I'm getting, but it sucks. It's a combination of the first of spring allergies and sleeping on an air mattress in Drufus's house with the heat off. What I do know about myself is that I have a serious S&M problem when it comes to the cold. I sleep better the colder I am. I can be just about frozen and sleep like a baby, but then I get sick. Now I know sleeping with my windows open when it's 5 degrees out is not a good idea, but it just feels so good to be so cold.

My Mp3 collection has been rappidly upgrading. After a few talks with The Boston Strangler I realized I was deficient in some major categories. So, for the past week I've been hammering down every mp3 I can get from ozzie, black sabbath, zakk wylde, nirvana, rob zombie, white zombie, metalica, etc. I also highly recomend Great White's zeppelin covers. They are amazing.

I had a tough day at work today. It was good, but very hard. I had to give a sales presentation to my boss, who could be the single most intelligent and well spoken man I've ever met, he taped me giving it, and then made me listen to it in front of my TWO office mates. I'll get into THAT in a second. I did OK, but I made sure I said on the tape that I don't feel comfortable enough with the product I'm required to sell to adequetly sell it to someone who is very knowlegeable about finance (aka Bill). I listened to the tape again on the way home and I really wasn't awful like I had expected, but it wasn't fantastic. You could tell I was nervous and that I really didn't know everything I needed to. Bill knows exactly what will crush a presentation and did everything in his power to make it as difficult as possible. I was so mad at myself when he left that the word "fuck" was omnipresent. I couldn't believe I did so much work on that stupid presentation and then got BLOWN UP. It is good for me to learn, but I want so badly to be good at this and it's so hard to get there. I know I am not going to wake up one morning and be Bill, but damnit, I'm trying.

Now, for those of you keeping score at home, I said I have TWO other guys in my office. A 3rd new guy was moved in on monday and I don't like him one bit. His name is Joe G2 and he's cocky and arrogant with your typical used car salesman delivery. While I was being blown up by Bill he actually challenged Bill on something he said and then tried to explain why what he has invested in makes more sense than what Bill was saying. Bill killed him, and moved on, but WTF? That guy's got balls. First of all, I like to help. I want him to do well, but every chance he gets he interjects his ideas like they are fact and he's only been here 3 days. He is on the first chapter of the book and is trying to jump in on conversations Helder and I are having about stuff on the last 2 chapters that he knows nothign about. He's slowing us down because after he tries to join in we have to explain to him how he doesn't know shit and that in itself is a distraction. I'm sure once he's deeper into his studies and realizes that investing in index funds for a few years doesn't make you Albert Galletin he'll be allright, but for now, he's not on my Christmas card list.

I've started playing a new game. If you haven't noticed (I know I've only had a couple of visitors in the past 24 hours... you guys are killing me) I've added google adsense to the page. I don't expect to make a dime and that isn't why I put it up. The reason I put the ad here is two fold. The first reason is because by putting up a google ad I'm basically guaranteed to be crawled by google and added to their search engine. That should bring some random fools to this page to be disguisted by my whining and complaining. Search engines are fun because I can tell what people searched to get here. Since I put the tracker up I've only had a handful of people search their way here. One was looking for "Silvertown Joe Dirt" and the other was looking for "Qudoba job application." Not exactly topical hits, but any publicity is good publicity. I'm hoping that this adsense gets me some people who are actually interested in reading my crummy story. The second fun part about google adsense is the fact that it spits out adds it believes are relevant to what's on the page. So far it's come up with dating services and zakk wylde merchandise. I have been refreshing the page over and over to see what google thinks my recent life story is about. Seriously, I know you guys see those stupid links everywhere, and I did a poor job putting the box on the site so it looks like it belongs, but it really is funny to see what pops up as relevant. Give it a try!

T-Minus 8 Days till Boston. I'm so pumped to get up there. Every single time we hang out it's a great time. I dont' think we've struck out once in the 2 years I've known those guys. I just hope all the puss in boots that have to travel get there. Again, you guys know who you are. We're meeting in Boston at Cpt. Knowpantz's house on friday. Locations may change, but that is the plan right now. Get in touch with Pete for more details.

To all my NJ killers,
I am going to be a better friend. I have said this before, but holy shit, I'm coming back to Mo County! I can't wait to be back hanging out with the PMFs hitting Wobbly Hs all over this mofo. Be ready! Life After Death Tour '05 is well under way. Check you listings for a show near you.

While I'm on the subject, my plans are as follows:

Thursday night: Hopefully hitting the Black River Barn for a good ol' Roxbury time
Friday night: Open
Saturday Night: Mo Town with the LEG and Awesome Dan.

Next Friday, Saturday, Sunday: BOSTON!

2 weeks from Friday: If Graef drops a pair I'll be at MU duckwalking with my chest out like I own the place. If not, I'm going to hit 3 Mile Island with Brad to meet up with a buddy of mine with a job out there.

Anyone who reads this and wants to hang out, just give me a call. These should all be good times to be had by all. Much drinking and merriment.

Und was würde ein guter Pfosten ohne einige Linien des Deutschen sein? Dieses ist Spaß! Sie verbessern Unterhalt überprüfend, also bin ich nicht gerechtes Abstreifen aus Deutschem zu einem Bündel Dummköpfen, die keinen Anhaltspunkt warum haben.

and I leave you with this:

"Tonight I'm going to dream about puppet shows and candy canes" -(lets see if anyone knows the reference)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

COMBAT MISSIONS BIOTCH!!!!!! make sure to put on your miles laser engagement system

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home