Monday, March 28, 2005

Ended on my terms

I am sitting in my room at 11 on Easter Sunday and it just started raining. I LOVE the rain. Nothing brings me to feel calm and comfortable like rain. The way it sounds, the way it smells through an open window, how all of a sudden a cold breeze will push it's way past my curtains and bring it all togther in one simple package. It's amazing. When I picture my perfect situation with the perfect woman it always is in one of two situations. The first is just as the sun is going down. It's not dark, but it's not bright. It's that perfect time of day that you cannot replicate with any form of movie magic. Me and my girl are just laying out in the grass. There's not a road as far as the eye can see and we're perfectly alone. This is after a full day because we're both a little tired but not ready to let go of the day. The hot air is cooling rapidly and the breeze is strong. Nothing is said. We just lay there and listen to the frogs and the crickets chirping and then we just smile at each other and soak it all in. The smell off the grass and trees is thick in the air even though we've been there for hours. That makes me long for Kentucky like I can't even put into words. Wow, it feels good to voice those pictures in my head. Oh, the other one. In the second situation it's a blazing hot summer day. We're out doing something (never figured out why we were both out in the crazy heat, but bear with me) and all of a sudden the sun is gone and it starts POURING rain. It comes down so hard that there is no use looking for cover. On top of that the rain is cool and it feels good after being abused by the summer sun. We're both soaked to the bone in seconds. After the innitial shock of being wet we both realize that there isn't anything we can do and let ourselves enjoy the feeling of the heavy wetness. The ground is so hot that it immediately evaporates the first wave of raindrops and the air is all at once cool and pungent. She presses herself against me to protect herself from the cool rain and we kiss with the beads of water pouring down our faces. Then we just stand there with my arms around her laughing about the futility of being dry all the while enjoying the freedom of not caring about anything around us but each other. The rain doesn't matter, the heat doesn't matter, nothing is there but us. I hope I live to see the day I have someone special enough to share these moments. I have had them in my head as long as I can remember. I feel like any description I can give would not be good enough. See, this is why I need a movie deal. I would love to be able to show you all what I'm talking about instead of babbling on and on like an idiot.

Anyways... stupid romanticism aside, it's raining like hell outside and it just sounds and smells so great. I missed the summer rain all winter. I love the snow and I love the cold, but there is NOTHING in the world as special as the perfect rainy day. A few years back when I first started hanging out with Brad, if it would rain, we'd get in our trucks and hit the trails. Talk about another great time. Brad would take the top and doors off his jeep and we'd go off into the woods. There is no place I'd rather be than in the woods in the rain. All those afternoons needed was a dame in my truck enjoying the ride as much as I was and it would have been heaven. Hear that ladies? If you want to be my girl you better like 4 wheeling. Everything works out to plan and I'm driving my ramcharger this time next year. You better like it hard, rough, and long because when I take out Canyonaro I ride her hard and put her up wet.

So this weekend was great. I don't know how I could have made this weekend any sweeter... well, maybe a couple tweeks here and there, but I'm so happy with how just about everything turned out. It could have been a disaster on so many levels, but it turned out fun, relaxing, and exciting all at the same time. If I can keep this trend up, I'll be a happy lil guy.

In football news (who saw this shit coming?) the greatest O-Line coach I've ever known is now with the 49ers. Ben McAdoo was my o-line coach my senior year. If I had 4 years with him I would be 100X the player I am now. Here's the link: http://www.sf49ers.com/team/CoachesBio.asp?CoachID=86

and for all you slackers that didnt' click this link, here it is again. If I am motivated I'll add it to the permanent link bar, but just get over there and read. Everyone needs this lesson on life and love: http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

OK, the weekend is done. It's officially monday morning... yuk. I will get through this week because I will be in Boston this SATURDAY (my bad on saying friday, Capt. Knopantz won't be in town until early saturday morning). I just realized that means I am going to have to fill the void that is Friday night... cool.

Oh Brunnen. I have no idea how this post is coming accross. I'll probably end up editing it later, but screw it, it's here and it's honest. If one of you has no sin, throw that stone!



Movie quote on the brain:

"When you speak of me, speak kindly"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach Mcadoo is one of my best friends from high school. It is cool to see someone say something great about him. He is a pretty cool guy. He just had a child...

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home