Monday, March 28, 2005

High on speed and rain

I decided to type this entry in Word because blogger is being strange tonight. This has it’s advantages. You guys don’t have to deal with my awful spelling mistakes and grammatical blunders. Word has already fixed 5 spelling mistakes… I stink.

Anyways, there are things I have to recommend you guys listen to. I have been a music WHORE this past week and a half and I have found some music that’s touched me, made me laugh, and simply rock out with my cock out.

Here we go. Here are some new specific songs I’m digging:

Zakk Wylde – Way Beyond Empty
Zakk Wylde – In this River
Cake – Friend is a Four Letter Word
Cake – I will survive
Rolling Stones – Don’t Stop
Oh Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack – Big Rock Candy Mountain
Guns and Roses – I Used to Love her (we both should have had this song years ago)
Iced Earth – Blessed are you
Nirvana – Plateau (unplugged)
Foo Fighters – Darling Nikki

Fil introduced me to a whole mess of stuff, but I haven’t been through it all yet. Thanks in advance, Fil, it all rocks so far.

Alright, that’s done with. You know what else is done with? My series 7 book! I finished the last chapter today. I didn’t take the test yet, but I did very well on all the section quizzes. Now it all comes down to the next 2 weeks. I have until the 13th to be perfect at all this stuff. I am going to be studying my ass off. I am in the passing zone so far, but only by the skin of my teeth. I need to get myself to a point where I’m guaranteed to pass. I know I can do it, but I’m going to have to focus like hell.

It’s been confirmed, the stupid counter wasn’t working last week. I was getting 1 hit a day according to seoblog, but I was getting more than that in comments. Turned out that it was a casualty of the cut and paste psychopath. Oh, I also removed the Adsense box from this site. I was enjoying reading what it thought was pertinent information, but I realized today while studying regulations that I might be breaking company policy by having it there. I ran home and took it down the second it crossed my mind that running any kind of webpage with any sort of financial tilt has to be run by our compliance department. That stupid box was throwing up adds for financial consultants left and right due to my constant talk of work. If I lose my dream job over a game I play on my blog I’ll be swinging in a closet somewhere.

I can’t even tell you how different my life is now. I am experiencing all the old things I forgot about. I don’t know where this starts and stops, but because a blog is ALWAYS a look back. It’s NEVER a look “at” I’ll stop it there. Figure that shit out, mother fucker! I had a very uplifting conversation with Drufus today. He made sure he let me know how bad life is and how nothing is going to get better. What a great fella! I can’t wait to move out. I’m so sick and tired of the commute, the house, the dealing with my parents… all of it. I love them to death and they’re nothing but wonderful, but I need some space. I don’t like the fact that things I talk about get relayed around my family faster than I can even realize it’s happening. My mom has been one of my best friends my whole life, but she’s got to cool it with the stories. I talk to her about stuff and then next thing I know my grandmother is echoing back things that weren’t supposed to leave my kitchen back to me in front of my extended family on Easter Sunday. Not a big deal, but it shows why I need to be on my own. Plus, I am a deviant if there ever was one, and I need my lair to be supervision free. Another thing I am not going much deeper into here. Let you imagination run wild on that one because you won’t be able to see the half of it in your wildest dreams.

Oh, and if you’re wondering why I’m bouncing from topic to topic like a jackrabbit with ADD it’s because the chapter I was studying today was so fucking boring that I ended up eating 3 NRGs and drinking 9 cups of the strongest coffee our wonderful coffee machine can procure just to stay awake. By the end of the day I was going between tapping my leg and falling asleep. I am bored beyond comprehension by stupid regulations and analysis. I get it, there are TONS of rules… now leave me the fuck alone! There was a point when I couldn’t grip the page to turn it because I was shaking. That’s when I realized the 7th, 8th, and 9th cup of coffee were unnecessary. I just am so afraid of failing and I won’t let a great weekend and a horrible night of sleep get in the way of my triumph.

Today has been a record day for this ol blog. Record numbers of people have stopped in. I just hope one or two of them were entertained.

I want to make sure everyone realizes I put a link to the Ladder Theory (fucking genius) on the sidebar. I didn’t call it the ladder theory though. I may change it to be more obvious, but you should be able to figure out which one it is. I’m trying to promote that shit as hard as I can because that man among men has life figured out and even though the truth sucks, everyone needs to read it. Here’s the link AGAIN so you guys don’t have to strain yourselves looking for it: http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

Learn it, Live it, Hate it

Another rainy night coming right up! It made me so happy to drive in the pouring rain today. There’s just something about a good spring rain that makes the world just a little bit smaller. The sky was dark, the fog was thick, and it just felt nice and cozy everywhere I went. I think that was a huge reason why I needed all that caffeine today, but I loved it anyways. Unfortunately my truck is back down at sansone for yet another repair. I have a Dodge neon to drive for the rest of the week thanks to enterprise rent a car. Oh, and while I’m at it, don’t EVER get the insurance unless you don’t have car insurance of your own. A buddy of mine that works there let me in on the fact that it’s a scam and you don’t need it. They actually lost a class action law suit over misrepresentation of their prices due to the insurance fiasco. Whatever. I just want The Red Dragon back by Friday so I have wheels to take up to Boston on Saturday.

I also have a trial membership to eharmony.com that I might set up for real once I’m paid. I don’t know why. I just think it might be fun to see who that site thinks I should meet. Oh Brunnen. I’ll play this all by ear.

Final note: I was going to start jumping rope today… but it’s pouring rain. I was also going to initiate operation Get Huge this week with Brad, but I’m without money, so that’s pushed back until I finally get paid again. Silly gyms wanting me to “pay” to lift their weights! They should be honored! Basically, my life is on hold for a couple weeks.

I want to leave you all with the wise words of J. Mutha Fuckin Scott, “Be ready for anything, and always have one in the chamber.” He’s also the man who says, “If you sing 3 songs a day you will never be depressed.” He might be a lunatic and only half there, but he’s got some great advice.

Up up and away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home