Thursday, April 14, 2005

series 66? Indicator Fork? WTF?

Wow, I got a total of a few hours to really enjoy my victory over the series 7 before I had to start studying for the 66. The 66 is written by lawyers and it is the test I have to take next friday to be certified to sell health insurance, life insurance, and annuities. I've never read a more boring set of bullshit in my life. I have something like 250 pages of legal briefs to go over before next friday. I'm supposed to start taking finals on wednesday, but I'm really going to have to push myself HARD to get ready by then.

So today I walked into the office a new man. EVERYONE came in to shake my hand and welcome me to the life of an RR. People who had never talked to me came up to say hello and give me a congratulatory handshake. I felt like one of the guys and it was fantastic. I finally got my itenerary together for St.Louis. I don't leave until Sunday the 1st of May and I'm back on Saturday the 7th. I never even bothered looking at it until today because I honestly didn't think I was going to make it through that test. It was a relief, but it became a burden. I don't want to study anymore and now I have the most boring stuff you could ever imagine ready to go. I want to get selling.

Again, thank you for all your support, guys. You all rock.

Tomorrow night is confirmed. Going to FU with Drufus straight from work... wait? Does that mean I have my truck back??? NO. I DON'T! I called Jimmy at dodge this morning and all I said was, "Where's my fucking truck, jimmy?" "huh?" "Where's my fucking truck... you still have my truck don't you, jimmy?" "oh, yeah, Hi, NJX70.... uh... I took it for a nice long road test and it's runnign great, but the... uh... "indicator fork" isnt' running quite right. I had to re adjust the fork and I'll be taking it out for another test tonight to make sure everything's running to spec." I don't remember what I said, but then he was talking and I started thinking. Wait a second, this guy is an old mechanic. What does he mean by indicator fork? Wait a second... isn't that the stupid orange bar that shows what gear the truck is in? Are you fucking serious? That takes a whole day? I better say something... "Jimmy, do you honestly want me to believe that a fucking little orange bar is going to take you all fucking day to fix? Bring back my truck as fast as you can. I'm getting a little tired of your bullshit. Do I have to explain how much of an inconvenience you are?" "Uh... yeah... that's what the indicator fork is. And it's going to take some time..." "No, it's not. Bring my truck back today." "well... ok, the guy with the tow truck is busy. That's why it's here. I'll have it back to you tomorrow for sure." "You will drop it off at my job and have someone call me to go downstairs and pick it up personally so I can drive it around a bit before the truck even leaves." "OK, NJX70, will do. I'll have him call you tomorrow morning." "I'll be in the office at quarter to 8. I will not miss this call and if I don't hear from you by 9 I'll find you." "No, problem. I'll talk to you tomorrow." CLICK. I'm a little tired of this guy's bullshiting. There's no way my truck was in pieces when he told me it was. There's no way it was done when he said it was done. There's no way the "indicator fork" was messed up. And there's no way I'll believe that my truck will be back until I'm sitting in it. All I know is that if it doesn't show up, I'm going down there on saturday morning and it won't be pretty.

So if everything works out I'll have my truck, it will be fixed, and I will go up to CT to hang with drufus at FU on friday and either keg races or the city on saturday. I think keg races were cancelled... by drufus and the current Beav occupants, but NYC should be fun. I have been in either NYC or Boston every single weekend since that wonderful weekend in philadelphia. I'm doing aiight for myself.

OK, this post is over. I'm going to try and get to sleep early tonight so I don't die tomorrow.

goodbye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home