Friday, July 08, 2005

Nothing Else Matters

Every day has become a bit of an adventure. I've been working my ass off and trying to line up my bills so I don't get my knee caps broken and it's just making the days shorter and shorter. For the first couple months I let things slide a bit and got myself situated without the hastle of having to face reality, but now that I'm fired up and going full speed ahead, things have to be dealt with. Work went better today. I am going to have to keep at this like I have been for the next few YEARS. I keep feeling like this next conversations going to start the chain of success, but then I make a great connection with someone and leave it at just sending my card. That's how it works.

With every late night and every real life issue I have with my job I get closer to the guys I work with. Every time I sit alone in my office watching the cleaning lady vaccume the hallways and call I get smiles from the older guys who can remember what it was like when they were in my shoes. Today Mike came in and helped me out with some new calling ideas. I really like him, and he's been very sucessful, so I want to soak up every bit of information he throws down. Same with Scott and Anthony. Those three guys are my best resource for real issues with real customers that are above my current level of knowledge. Not that I can't give them the same level of service that the older guys give, but it just takes me a bit longer to find the right path. When it comes to getting started, it's always a talk with either Ari, or Madrigal. Both of those guys are in the same boat as Helder and I, and they are only a short time ahead of us. Basically, I'm proud to be a member of this office. It means a lot to me to be one of the guys.

Scott said something today that struck home. His dad was a trader on the floor of the NYSE for 40 years. He was coming in today to see him, and he described him like this: "He's all business. He lives for this business, just like Allen. All business. Nothing else matters." I know that's what it takes, and I want to be like that. I don't know if it's the healthiest thing for me to do, but I want to sink myself so deep into this that nothing else matters. I want to live eat and dream this job. I want to see tickers in my dreams and fibiocci diograms when I wake up. This job is everything I could ever ask for, and when I make it I will be where I've always dreamed I would be. Sucessful.

I had plans for tonight, but they fell through as my cell phone rested on my desk completly silent. Once at 6 when my appointment fell through, and once at 6:30 when my other plans went down the tubes. Oh well. Shit happens. And there will always be the business.

Tomorrow I have plans. They won't fall through. Then saturday I go to VT to hang with Candy and Drufus. I hear The Mertz is going to show his ugly self important face, but I hope we've grown past our differences...

I don't know when my next post will be, but I'll do my best to be better at giving you assholes something to pass the time.

Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home