Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Death of a Future Texas Millionaire

I killed Archangel's chances of being a successful business man.  He has a general contractor in Texas, and a friend of mine through Xbox live that I had the privilege to meet in person.  The poor bastard started playing EverQuest with Dubya and me.  Now he'll call at 3pm and say, "Yo, how do I make arrows?  I'm out." "Dude, shouldn't you be at work?" "Nah, nothing's going on."  

Sorry, Arch.  Didn't mean to stop you from being a Texas Millionaire.  Another victim falls to EQ.  

We are currently wasting our time on Maelin Starpyre.  He is the 23rd warrior Omegadon and I am the 24th Rogue Bloxx.  Baromen Ironsack, warrior of 59 winters, White Wolf of The North, and follower of The Tribunal has taken a back seat to hanging out with my buddy.

I used to feel very creepy talking about playing EQ, but I don't care anymore.  People who don't know the game or don't like video games think it's for super nerds... and they are probably right, but what do I care what my label is?  I played pro football; I think I still have a touch of street cred I can turn in.  

It's a fun way to just hang out and chat with friends.  It's like AIM with teamwork and a high body count.  I don't have the time right now to go into details, but it's fun.  One of these days I'll do "A Relative Rookie's Review of EQ" on my other site and link it here, but that's really not where my focus is now.

Oh, and if you couldn't tell by the temperament of my last few posts, this has been a rough week.  I've been on an emotional rollercoaster that's done nothing but slow me down.  There have been a few times in this lil week that I've considered a lot of bad things.  Quitting, selling my truck, selling shit I have on eBay, etc.  Then something good happens and I feel great.  Then my bills came in and I realized I have to live for 2 weeks on about $20.  Then my parents called to let me know that my insurance is going into my name (yeah, I know.) and I let them know about the crispy 20 dollar bill I have to live off of for 2 weeks with an empty fridge and no gas.  My mother made a surprise visit and brought me food.  I was so emotional I thought I was going to cry.  I didn't know what to say.  I'm trying so hard to do this all myself.  I want to be independent and successful, but it's so hard to bring in the money I need to survive.  Eventually I'll look back on posts like this and laugh because I'll have more money than I know what to do with, but for now, I'm just trying to eat a meal or two a day and get back and forth to work.  That's also forced me to cut off communications with the few girls that I really was looking forward to spending time with.  I can't even explain to them where I'm at because it's weak.  If it was 2008 and I'm still at AGE and I had just met these ladies than things would be different, but now, in 2005, I have to let myself be the bad guy.  I have to avoid phone calls, not reply to emails, etc to hide from the fact that I can't afford to go out.  I've heard it only gets worse before it gets better, but this month I did 9X the business I did last month.  If I could keep it going at that rate I'll be bringing in more accounts than I know what to do with by the end of the year.  I don't expect it to keep going up like this, but if it does... well, I'll be posting about how I went from being happy to almost in tears a lot less.  

All you people trying to argue the side of the people being cruel on the other end of the phone don't help.  Nobody has the right to be mean to someone just because they don't know them.  If I walked up to you on the street and said hello, I wouldn't expect you to punch me out.  That's what it's like.  Just think about this, I'm educated, well spoken, honest, I do the right thing in all situations, I work hard for my clients, I have missed out on big paydays already because I didn't do things I could have easily got away with because it wasn't in a client's best interest (while I'm going a day or two at a time not eating and have lost almost 70lbs), and all I want is a minute of your time.  There are a lot of people like me out there that can really help you if you let them, but that isn't even what we want.  Sure, we'd love you if you'd just let us find you a CD instead of buying one at the bank, but if you'd just treat us like human beings it would make my life so much better.  

So the next time someone calls you and you don't recognize the number, don't write them off as some high school drop out who doesn't give a shit about their job or who they're calling.  Most of us are good people.  Treat us like it.  

it's 1:30 and I'm still not in bed... I can't sleep anymore.  I can't make my gym payments, so I had to stop going.  Now I have all this energy and nowhere to get rid of it.  After 20 years of year round athletics, sitting at a desk all day and laying around all night leaves my body wanting more.  If I don't work out, I don't sleep.  I don't sleep; I don't get to work on time.  I don't get to work on time, I don't get shit done.  I would love to run, and I will, but the only running shoes I have are shredded to pieces.  I need to find something to do.  I should get my bike I rode at school and take that around!  I just thought of it!  I'll have to do it right after I get paid so I have a lil slack money for gas.  I could ride back and forth to Cousin Fil's house.  Hmm... this might work...

Screw this post.  I'm going to bed.  


[editor's note:  I didn't expect to write a lot, so when I did, I didn't leave myself enough time to proofread this post... so I'm sure it is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors... my bad, yo]

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I'm sending you a separate e-mail.

Go ahead and tell those girls that you're tight on money right now. There are lots of cheap dates you can go on. (Coffee, walk in the park, picnic...) It'll be a good way to weed out money-hungry/materialistic people.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home