Monday, December 13, 2004

Strange guilt

I don't know what the hell I'm doing right now. I don't have to leave for the mall for at least another hour, but I can't do anything. I got up when I got a call from Rose about a customer issue around 10, made myself some breakfast, came back to my computer, and I'm just sitting here watching the clock. I feel like if I start playing a game or watch TV or anything that I will get in trouble. Why? I have no clue. Why is it wrong for me to do stuff besides work? I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I have this feeling like at any moment Joe G is going to call me and hear music in the background and yell at me for not being at the store. I only gave out one key, so I have to either open or close, so I'm not there in the morning, but I can't shake this feeling that I should be there and that anything I do to have fun in the morning is wrong. Then I get home at night and I know I don't have to wake up early, but I feel like I have to go to bed so I can be up early just in case. It's this very wierd feeling of guilt and shame that I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I do anything that can be heard in the background of a phonecall while I'm not at work. That is one of the reasons I'm posting to my blog in silence now instead of getting a few minutes of Xbox or TV in while I'm waiting to go to work. It's all just in case I get an angry call from Joe G asking why I'm not there. I'm not there because I'm working 3 to 11, and that should be good enough reason for me to be home, but it's not in my head. I really need to learn how to do all this and be happy because right now all I'm worried about is work and can't get out of this feeling of shame. I am even scared to talk to friends on AIM because Joe G has my screen name and if he sees my away message go down he'll know I'm home and will question me about the store. The other day my AIM signed off while I was at the store around 6 and then signed back on. That happens from time to time if my internet blinks or whatever, but I got a call from Joe G trying to catch me at home while I should have been at the store. He was like, "where are you?" "At the store, Joe, what's up?" "you sure you're at the store? I mean I know you're supposed to be there, but are you really there?" "Yes, Joe, I'm in the mall. Why?" "I just saw you sign off of AIM and then sign back on and I know you don't have internet at the mall yet. What's up? Are you still sure you're at the mall?" "Yes, Joe, I'm at the mall and I don't know why my AIM signed off and back on." "Well, I guess something at your house could have made it do that, but I don't know. OK, I'll call you later." Then he called the store just to make sure that I would answer the store phone. Do you understand what I'm up against here? I need to figure this whole situation out sooner than later.

**UPDATE** Joe G just let us know we have to check in every single hour of the day on the hour. I don't know how much more of this kinda stuff I can take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home