Monday, May 16, 2005

Boring Boring Boring!

I hate learning. Everyone who knows me knows that I couldn't wait for college to be over. I hate having homework. I hate having to pay attention for hours on end only to have my mind cleared by alcohol or blows to the head soon after. I hate when things get serious and you are on the verge of not passing. I hate being poor. Thus, I swore that I would not go to grad school. I told everyone who'd listen that I would never go back to school unless I was a teacher and had completed my alternate route certification and needed to get a few credits for a raise. That would be the only circumstance that would force me back into school... besides this one.

I have been doing nothing but studying/learning new shit for an average of 10 hours a day since Valentine's Day. This is the worst. I can't stand sitting and listening to rules and regulations. I can't stand having to take tests where my job hangs in the ballance every single week. I can't stand how every single topic is new and difficult. I can't stand insurance. But here I am. Dream job. Dream apartment. Dream life... but packed with hours and hours and hours of studying that trumps any bullshit I had to do in my 16 years of education. I went to Fairfield Universtity. FU likes to talk about how their one of the top business schools on the east coast and one of the finest liberal arts universities in the nation. I skated through college with little to no effot whatsoever. I know this because now that I am actually learning stuff that's applicable to my life it's actually hard with a chance of failure. Shit. I failed the 66. I don't fail anything. I've never failed anything I've tried at until now. I also have never had to learn so much in such a short period of time. If I was going to have to pass all the tests I have to pass now in college it would be at least a full year of class if not 2. So I have quite a few things left, but here's the list:

Series 7: Passed with a 78
Series 66: Failed with a 70 (approx. 1 question off)
NJ Health/Life insurance certification: Test on Friday
AAMS designation: Must complete before going back to St.Louis in June
Seris 66: Scheduled restest on the 26th (not sure of the date, I haven't been at my desk in 2 weeks.)

So there you have it. BORING TO THE MAX, YO. I love my job to death, but I can't take all this learning. I feel like my head is going to explode on a daily basis. I really need to buckle down and get ready for the insurance test, but I have had to really buckle down and get ready for one thing or another since Feb 14, so it stops affecting me as much as it used to.

Whatever.

I may have some of my writting published on another site today. I'll let you guys know if you should know. Otherwize... fuck off!

I couldn't go through a whole post without dropping and F bomb now could I?



Goodbye

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I hated insurance courses so much I quit that industry. I know it's an investment in your future but man oh man, I do not envy you.

Two of my best buds are also studying right now: one for his CFA and the other is doing his PhD at night while caring for his wife and newborn baby. So you're not alone on this one.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home