Friday, January 27, 2006

Big Things Soon

OK, first news is that my cats have names! The boys are now to be known as Wyatt and Virgil after my favorite set of brothers, the Earps.

I haven't been writting much recently because I don't really have a lot that's ready to share. Things have been a little rough, but I'm working through everything fine. Wyatt and Virgil are becoming very comfortable around the apartment and are behaving like happy healthy kittens. I was worried about Wyatt for a while because he was having "stomach problems" aka explosive diarrhea, but for the past two days he's seemed fine. I've heard it's common in kittens, but I wasn't about to let commonality hide any kind of real sickness, so I made an apointment with my vet to bring the boys over on saturday morning. That way I can run out to my parents house and visit with them for a while, get a free meal, and see how the boys do in a new environment.

The one thing I think it important is that they get used to being in cars, new places, and around new people. Since I've brought them home I am yet to have any visitors. Last weekend was the weekend Wyatt was shitting himself, so I didn't really want anyone over and the weekend before was when I first brought them home. On top of that, my best friend is super alergic to cats, so he'll probably half die sitting around here. They don't seem to be shedding much, but I do need to keep up with the vaccume so I don't end up with a furball of an apartment.

I'm hoping tomorrow I'll have some nice stories. I've been really enjoying my time on eharmony recently. There have been a few notes passed back and forth that renew my faith in the girls on the site. I went through about a month where I didn't even talk to one person. Due to everything else in my life I've been taking eharmony lightly, but hopefully things will settle down in my world and I'll be able to focus on the fun stuff again real soon.

As I write this, Wyatt is trying to find a way to jump halfway across my living room from the couch to the chair I'm sitting in. He's biffed the landing pretty good... now THAT is comedy. I was telling Hoser about their kitten awkwardness and their fondness for jumping from thing to thing that normally ends with a bonk on the head and he DEMANDS I get video. I only have my digi cam to take short videos with and it really does a shitty job in low light, but I'm going to have to try to catch them exploring before they get the hang of all the distances. Watching a kitten biff a jump between two pieces of furnature ROCKS!

Let's hope I have stories tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home