Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sick Kitten

I don't know what the hell the deal is. One kitten is fine, they both play and run around and eat and everything just like normal... only one has explosive diarrhea. I woke up this morning to what I thought was puke all over the floor outside the bathroom. Thinking nothing of it, because I hear cats throw up from time to time, I go about my day. Later in the day, Bruiser (new tentative name) comes up and lays in my lap... about a half hour to an hour later he stinks... he shit on me. Liquid, smelly shit on my shirt and pants. Luckily I was wearing my regular weekend rags, but still... cat shit... on me. So, I cleaned up myself and my chair and went about my business. I called Kathleen who runs the adoption agency and left a message. She just called me back... as he was shitting on me again and told me that I should take away his dry food because that is what his previous owner said was causing it. I hadn't noticed any problem whatsoever in either of them since I got them... now a week into eating dry food almost exclusively he starts this up.

After a few minutes on the phone she decides it's not a good idea to take away his food, but to make sure he gets plenty of water because he can get dehydrated. Seeing as he can't keep the shit in his body even if he's trying (don't even ask) I had to put them BOTH in the bathroom for the night. Why? Because they both need access to the litter box and the litter box is in the bathroom. Also, there's no carpeting in the bathroom to be cleaned if he has an accident. Kinda sucks they both have to go in there, but there's nothing I can do.

I have to keep an eye on him until tomorrow and then I'm probably going to have to have him checked out by a vet. I THINK kathleen will pick this up seeing as it's something that was known prior to me adopting the cats, but whatever. He is perfectly healthy and happy but he's dripping shit out of his ass whereever he goes today... so fucking gross. Tomorrow morning I need to call her and let her know if anything's changed.

I'll keep you up to date... even though this is so damn gross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home