Monday, January 23, 2006

Can't Sleep, so I'm staying up...

I'm worried about the kitten so I am going to stay up tonight. I want to watch him a bit and make sure he's not BEHAVING sick. If he's just having trouble digesting food that is one thing. If he starts ACTING down... aka moping around, not having energy, etc then I have to bring him to a vet immediately because he could be REALLY sick. So far he seems fine other than the fact that he is bolting into the bathroom too often.

OK, so I have to let you guys in on Saturday night. My buddy from RHS... VICE PRESIDENT GILBERT's girlfriend called me about a month ago. This is how the call went:

"hello?"
"Mr. President?"
"speaking."
"this is VP's girlfriend. I'm throwing him a supprise party"
"I'll be there"
"what's your real name and address so I can send an invite?"
"XXX @ XXX st XXXX"

So the party was on Saturday night... but where is the invitation? When is the supprise? I cleaned up a lot before I brought home the kittens. I didn't want them shredding papers all over. I must have thrown it out.

So, here's what I was thinking: If I show up early I'll fuck up the supprise. If I show up late, there really is no problem. But what is late? I decided that if I showed up around 9:30 or 10 that there was no way I was blowing this for him. So, I get in my truck around 9ish and go over to VP's house. I get there and there are no cars anywhere. No signs of life inside. Nothing. At this point, what would be the smart thing to do? Call VP's girlfriend? Well... I didn't save her number. Who else is going? Wait... didn't think of that. Hide in the shadows and sneak around his house at 10pm with a hooded sweatshirt on? Yup. Turns out his property is very well lit. I walk around and can't stay out of a spotlight so I get back in my truck and send him a non related text message to see what his reply would be. Just then a few people come walking by my truck and I recognize them as friends and let them know the stupidity that's been going on for the past half hour. They let me know that the party (supprise) started at 5. We LOL and I go in.

About a half beer into being there I start getting curious because his basement has a ton of cool stuff laying around. I'm watching the slowest beer pong game ever, so I decide to pull out a can of wood filler off a shelf and a putty knife and start filling cracks in the plywood. My goal was to keep wood filling until VP realized I was wood filling. He did, we LOLed.

The rest of the night was a bunch of laughing and telling stories, me showing people how to play beer pong, and talk about how we're all nerds and are friends on myspace.

I'd like anyone who's thinking about throwing a party with beer pong at any point in their lives to immediately go out and find a walmart and buy a pack of 6 sportcraft ping pong balls. Why? Because nobody EVER has them around and everyone wants to play. VP's girlfriend bought "ping pong balls" from party city... they were reminicent of the old bowling balls you used to get as a kid in a bowling ball set. Thick, hard plastic balls with a hole where the plastic was poured into a mold. They were so heavy that they would just plow a cup over if you didn't arch it high enough. On top of that, they had NO bounce, so if they hit the floor they just rolled under something. No chance of saving a ball that goes off the table.

And, to make it abundantly clear... a game of beer pong is played with 12 (twelve) cups per side... not 6 (six) cups per side.

OK, it's almost 5am and the kittens are asleep... I think I'm going to also go to bed and see if I can get up in 2 hours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home