Friday, February 24, 2006

Grownup Problems

Back in the day I could quit a job and then just look around for another one without any fear that I'd starve. Now, as an "adult" I leave one job knowing I will start the other one in a week and I'm scared I'm going to starve. I guess that's what happens when you fall for a classic management trick and get paid below the poverty level for 6 months. I seriously didn't bank a dime before I left AGE and now that I'm probably a month and a half from a real paycheck I'm starting to get scared. My new boss will forward me the cash I need to survive, but I am going to have to have a check in hand real quick to pay my bills. Oh, did I forget to mention health insurance? I use sophisticated medical equipment that's LEASED to me, so I've been staring at a letter from the medical center that I know has a bill in it for a week. I'm going to owe them big money for my CPAP machine until I get covered by my new health insurance. Add to that the fact that I have rent, bills, train faire, and a reason to drive an hour as often as possible (tee hee...) I'm up shit's creek sans paddle. I even turned down a night at my favorite bar with my 2 of my favorite drinking buddies tonight so I could have enough cash to survive.

When I make my first big month at NMFN I'm going to come back and link to every post where I talk about how fucking poor I am and LOL right in my own stupid face. I can't wait. Did I mention that NMFN is going to work out? Well... it is. I'm having a better experience with people BEFORE I EVEN START than I did a year into being a broker. I'm excited to see a few heavy paychecks come my way. Once I can start banking money every month I have plans that will drastically improve my life. Every time I talk to a stranger on the train and they ask if I can call them to schedule an apointment after I tell them that I haven't even started yet it makes my mouth water. I have a mental list of all the stuff I'm going to do, and it's going to be awesome.

The flip side to coming back and linking these bitching about money posts is if this job doesn't work out I'm going to link to this post and make fun of myself for drinking the NMFN Kool-Aide too soon. Of course, I have shit lined up in case this falls to shit as well... don't you worry your pretty lil head over it.

OK, bitches and bitchettes, I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home