Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Old School, Putfile, and NYC

BEFORE
Before

AFTER
After

FINALLY! I broke down and bought myself a buzzer at Walgreens and went old school all up in this mofukka. I feel like my old self again! Beard is incomming... kinda, but with my head shaved now, I feel so good. There's something about looking in the mirror and seeing what you want to see that feels oh so good. I just can't keep up with hair. Mine grows so fast and to get a good haircut I have to be in Morristown during semi-normal business hours. Even then it's still not a guarantee that my hair will be the way I like it. Every time is different, every time is a hastle. I always wait too long and look like a little puffy headed kid. I was going to go today (and I'll explain later) but then I realized that I could spend 20 bucks and buy a buzzer and shave my head 10X a week if I want or I can spend 20 bucks and have a decent haircut for a couple weeks before I get self conscious. I actually was aware of my hair this week because I had plans actually work out. I tried to catch my barber, but he was closed the 3 times I went over there. So, I went out to dinner with puffy 10yr old retard hair. Those days are over. I'm back to what I like. Buzzed on zero. I should just chuck the clips because I'll never use them. I like the feel, the look, the cleansliness, everything about my head being shaved. Wearing anything on my head is more comfortable now too. I can't say it enough, I'm PUMPED about shaving my head again.

The second part of the title today is talking about the movie that Trebek and I made this weekend. He came over and neither one of us felt like going boozing so we decided to mess around with my video capture and editing software on the old computer. The resulting machinima (click here for the wikipedia definition of "machinima" if you are not familiar) is awesome. I've made quite a few movies in the past two years, but only a few have been shared on the web and even fewer are worth watching more than a few times. This one is starting to gain momentum. My move, Becomming The Champ: It Begins is IN THE TOP 50 FOR THE WEEK ON PUTFILE.COM! Trebek and I are both going nuts. It's been up for 2 days and it will break 1000 views by tonight. It's holding a 3.4 out of 5 rating making it #49 for the week as of right now. I knew it was pretty good, but the respect it's getting on the site is AWESOME. Nothing like doing something you enjoy and getting even the smallest bit of credit. If you want to check out the short, then here's the link: Becoming The Champ: It Begins. If you can't tell, I'm pretty proud of my nerdery.

The final part of this post is my job. I was under the impression that I'd start today seeing as training ended on Friday. I woke up at 6am SHARP. I took a shower, shaved, fed the cats, cleaned the litter box, ate breakfast, walked to the train station nice and early so I could buy my 10 trip train pass, got on the train, rode all the way to NY Penn alone (huge bonus), walked into my office at about quarter to 9, made myself a sweet list of things I wanted to get done today, met a few of my coworkers, and was waiting for the haymaker to land in my mouth seeing as everything else had went PERFECTLY up to this point. Then Sam came in. I asked if I could speak to him, he said sure, so I went into his office and he started the conversation by saying, "didn't you check your voicemail?" "No." "I called you yesterday and left a message, you start Friday at 3:30." I had screened the call because it was an unknown number and I'm tired of being offered payment protection on my chase card. I didn't check the message because I had a ton of messages. I erased them all on the train ride home... at noon... and low and behold... "Hi, it's Sam, I want to talk to you about the gameplan. We're going to have you start on Friday at 3:30. See you then, but call me so we can go over the details." Doh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Yikes! The no-hair is certainly a big change!!! I can see why the girls that lived near you and didn't know you were a bit intimidated (you mentioned this on GAFC once.) Really, being so physically imposing, I wouldn't worry if you had poufy 10 year-old hair. ;) But you gotta be you, and I can relate to not wanting to shell out for a haircut. :)

I don't like checking my voicemail if I don't think there's anything good in there. Heh.

10:30 AM  
Blogger NJX70 said...

yeah, what's funny is I had txt messaged another trainee who was supposed to start on tuesday (according to my brain) on tuesday morning and he got back to me today with a txt laughing at me for going in before I was supposed to.

I guess I need to check my voicemail more now.

I think the other side of intimidating is powerful. I don't know if I look stronger with my head shaved, but I FEEL like I do, which feels good.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home