Friday, November 30, 2007

366 Days to Die

I realized today that I have 366 days to die if I want to be in the cool kid "dead at 27" club. I finally have things going in the right direction, so I am not choosing to drop dead for any reason... but who knows?

I got out of my work truck at the marine building at the end of my shift tonight and took a second to enjoy the view of the waterfront at sunset. It's funny, but I forget that I work on the ocean. I need to actually stand there and stare at the water for a few minutes before it sinks in. I guess it comes with the fast paced nature of my job. I don't get a lot of time to sit and marvel at the beauty and plentiful bounty of the ocean. But, if you're entire job revolves around SHIPS... then maybe you should remember that they sail on the WATER.

I love the sunset. It's great lighting for the last few minutes of the work day. Tonight it was what got me contemplated the last year and what I've made of myself. The biggest difference from this recap and recaps of years past is that I've always had SOMETHING going, but this year I have a real sustainable career that isn't going anywhere... and I MEAN THAT... unlike when I was talking about fighting through a job at AG Edwards.

Now I'm with a great company, doing work that isn't going anywhere, and loving every second of it. I make great money and have been earning respect from my managers and peers... if only for the fact that I have a decent sense of humor and can take a joke. This is the kind of place that I'd like to stay for the rest of my career.

I've got a great girl in my life. (: (: (:

I sold my truck... which sucked at the time... but I got a really fun car that saves me a ton of money without having to look like it was designed by homosexual aliens. VW TDI FTW

I'm moving into a new "apartment." (how do I say that I'm renting a room in a house? Is that an apartment... room... what?) this place will cut my bills in half while also being a badass place to live... nuf sed

Basically, 2008 is my year. Everything is in line. All I have to do is keep my head on a swivel and keep out of trouble and everything will be fine.

Goodbye,

NJX70

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home