Monday, February 27, 2006

Great Weekend, Going Live Soon

OK, what a weekend. I had a blast, got a lot of shit done, and spent some quality time where it needed to be spent. Friday was a party down in Toms River, Saturday was hanging out here, Sunday was devoted to cleaning and settting up this joint so it's actually a respectable looking apartment. Everything went exactly to plan. Everything happened just how I wanted it to. Everything rocked. My Dad stopped by today and hooked me up with a gallon of chilli he made last night. He makes some serious kick ass chilli. He started making it back when I was playing high school football and would sell it at the concession stand. I never knew exactly how much chilli he'd make, but it was a huge vat every single week. Nowadays he will make a gallon or two here or there and I was lucky enough to get some for myself. Along with the chilli came some supplies from Mom. She refuses to stop by without some food, so she loaded up my dad with things like butter, milk, and other stupid things like that. It's nice to get a little food boost like that. I was just thinking I need to go to the store because I was out of a lot of stuff, but now I've got enough to get me through at least this week.

Oh, and milk is in every freaken recepie. If I run out of milk, I can't make anything. Sure, I can bake a roast or fry up some eggs or that kind of thing, but anything bread-like needs milk. Biscuits, oatmeal, pancakes, etc. I also got a cool cook book from my sister and I think when I go to the store I'm going to bring along a few recepies to try. It's called A Man, A Can, and A Microwave and it's basically a waterproof picture book of things that are good but take very little work. I always remember to buy the stuff after I get home from the store. I need to make myself a note... done.

So, tomorrow's Monday. Training started 2 weeks ago and ended a week ago Friday. I went in last Tuesday... so am I doing my job yet? Nope. I don't start until Tuesday. I need to go up to white planes tomorrow and do a presentation in front of all the muckidy mucks. I need to tell them my business plan, what I intend to do at NMFN, etc. I'm looking forward to it because I've known what I was going to say the whole time. I don't see why anyone's presentation would be any different from anyone else's. You do everything exactly the way you are supposed to, follow the instructions of your mentor, be ready to step outside of your comfort zone, and work your ass off and you will suceede. If you fail, then the process is flawed and you have nothing to be ashamed of. If you do things your own way and you fail, then you're stupid. I don't have time to fail. I want this so badly. This job seems like the thing I've been looking for all these years I've been bouncing around chasing dreams and earning scraps. If I can just get off to a good start then I'm going to be a very happy man. How do I do that? I do everything exactly the way it's been proven to work and pay attention to detail. How could anyone change that? I know I'm going to hear a bunch of shit from people who don't really know how rough this kinda sales job is. They are going to get up and talk about seminars, bilboards, and bullshit and not even touch upon what's important. They won't even realize it, but they are setting themselves up to feel like shit. Like I said, if you do things your way and fail, then it's you that failed. If you do exactly what you're told and you fail, then it's not your fault.

My plan, which I haven't got on paper yet, is to do exactly what has been proven to work over and over again and avoid the distractions and flak that is involved with sales. I'm going to use what I've learned and what I've done only as far as it fits in the clean cut plan that NMFN has lined up for me. I'm going to be open and honest with my mentor and make sure that I'm doing exactly the right stuff all the time. I'm not going to let small failures turn into big ones by allowing them to hang around. I'm going to stay focused on the goals and carefully track my progress.

It's that simple. Do what you are told. Do what has been proven to work. Don't let the meaningless stuff get in the way.

Done.

So here I am, nervous and wide awake at 1am. I don't have to be in White Planes until 1pm, but I should be in bed. I'm actually dreading having to work all week, but there is a silver lining. When you have something you're looking forward to on the weekends, being busy and watching time fly by is not a bad thing.

bah, I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home