Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Smile! It's Lent!

As of 12am Wednesday, it's lent 2006. I wouldn't have even known if the whole mardi gras thing wasn't huge post Katrina news. Today was also my first real day on the job. So here goes...

I'm making a change this lent, and here's why. I took 2 pictures on Saturday. One where I was smiling with my teeth showing, and one where my lips were closed. The picture where I was smiling with my teeth showing embarassed me. I looked at my teeth for a good 5 minutes and realized that they look like shit. Due to tonight being Fat Tuesday, and the official last day of revelry before 40 days of fasting, things don't change until tomorrow, but as of tomorrow, my teeth are my priority. I'm stopping things that ruin my smile. That also includes a nice shiny box of whitening strips and new whitening tooth paste.

This has been a long time coming. I brush my teeth, I use mouthwash, but not enough. I have been watching my pearly whites go to kinda off whites and now I'm tired of it. So, in the spirit of Coach Joe B, I'm taking the next 40 days to get my mouth in order. I'm going to take some pictures tonight as the completely not overused and played out "before" picture. Every Wednesday night from tomorrow until the Wednesday before Easter I will be taking more high rez photos of my chompers. At that point I will evaluate where I've gone in oral hygene. I'm going to say right now that I've been very slack ass about the whole deal because I've always had clean, straight, and cavity free teeth with very little maintenance, but now that I'm older and I'm making very conscious efforts to improve my physical appearance, the teeth are next. As of today I'm down aprox. 70lbs from the day I decided it was time to cut down. That's a victory in progress. I've not been running as much as I had planned, but I've kept it up. The prison workout is easy to get in a few times a week, so I've been banging out a few pushups/situps. The key is going to be finding out what my life is going to be like at NMFN and finding the most convenient gym. Brad has mentioned wanting to lift in NYC. I'm not against that idea and I actually think it's a pretty good one. The only piece of the puzzle is my time commitment to work. If I can get out every day at 5 or 6 and Brad's going to be in the city and wanting to lift at the same time, then I'll sign right up. The problem comes in if we're on different schedules, not in the city the same days/times, etc. If that's the case then I'll just sign up for a gym here in Morristown and take it from there.

But I digress... The main goal of this post is to say that I've changed my focus and I'm taking care of my teeth. I don't want to post my before pictures until I've made progress so I don't look like an ass. How's that for conviction?

fuck you... I'm gone

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

If you don't get the results you want with toothpaste and strips, get a dentist on it. It's pricey, but my friend's results are awesome. (I need some whitening, too. :P )

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home