Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Brainwashed

I have been brainwashed by the SEC. I am studying all this legal bullshit and it's all crept its way into my brain without me knowing it. I don't know how, but I'm able to rattle off answers to a variety of questions that I don't think I've ever seen before. Helder turned to me today and read some question. I was listening, but I didn't recognize one word he said, then he read the choices. I knew right away what the answer was and was able to spit out exactly why it was the best answer. Right after I was done explaining he checked and I was right. I had no idea what he said or what I said. I've been brainwashed!

So I'm down to one study day before another stupid test. I'm worried about this one because it's been a really hard week to study. I just passed the hardest test ever and had to go straight into another one that's not as hard, but is a billion times more boring and difficult to read. At least with the 7 I was learning ideas and strategies. With the 66 it's all just facts and rules. Nothing but straight memorization. Stuff like the difference between what's EXEMPT and what's EXCLUDED. WTF? If I ever need to know any of this crap all I have to do is call the help desk in St. Louis and they'll have someone who's job is only to answer this kind of question there and ready to give me exactly what I need to know. This stuff is like multiplication tables. Why learn them all by heart when you can just carry around a calculator? Yeah, I know, you don't always have one, but I think when it comes to complicated registration laws I won't have to utilize this information when I'm in the grocery store.

I don't have a ton to say, but I did take a few pics today, so I'll just end with these:

work 003
They seriously call this the "Butt Depot"

work 002
The top of this church looked cool over all the freshly flowered trees on my way into work this morning

work 001
You can see my office window in this pic. My office is in the middle of the center building on the top floor.

I will probably be back later when I think of what I was going to say, but for now... Brockman OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home