Friday, April 22, 2005

I failed the Series 66 exam with a 70?

Again, dreams are coming true... but not in a good way. I had a dream that I took the test, was confident, and got a 70... 1 question shy of a passing grade of 71. So I go in there, I'm confident, I don't know any of the first 10 questions, start freaking out, and get a 70. I am still in shock, but it's not the end of the world. I can still take it again the week before I go out to St.Louis for the second time and be certified before my training is complete. What sucks is that I'm certified by the federal government, but not the state government. I can do a lot of things, but not everything. I am not sure what I can and can't do, but I'm sure I'll be painfully aware on monday morning when I have to go in and tell Bill that I failed.
sign
This is the back of the truck I followed home on 80 west. If you can't read it, it says, "...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles..." ISAIAH 40:31. For those of you who are not math majors, 40 + 31 = 71. Sometimes there are things in this world that cannot be dismissed as random chance. I didn't know what to do when I was freaking out about failing, and then I read that and felt OK. I'm sure the ridge runner piloting that rig had no idea I needed an uplifting quote from the bible, but there is a reason why I ended up stuck behind him. I won't be seeing you at church on sunday, but it's coincidents like this that make you feel like SOMEONE's got your back.

... and yes, I did pull out my camera, zoom all the way in, and take a pic of the back of a tractor trailor at 75mph on rt80 west.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Hi Issac, I got your comment. I agree, it's not a huge loss, but my original point is that it's against Google's Terms of Service to ask people to click - and that he risked losing all his earnings. That's all.

Tara :)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home